OX66 no water from the pee hole?

Good morning gentlemen. Yesterday I ran in shallow water with lots of weeds and duck weed. I now have no water from the pee hole and have my water pressure gauge “stuck” at 10 lbs. The pressure does rise to 30 at upper rpm’s.

I realize the weed intake (aquatic weed lol) is my problem, but I’m not sure how to proceed to remedy the issues. Poppets? Just a hose flush? Remove and flush the hose feeding the gauge? Any help to streamline to the fix would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great Friday.

2. Member
    Hook up the flush hose and see if it pees, disconnect the tubing to the guage and flush it. Disconnect the tubing to the pee orfice and see if you get water out. If not peeing replace poppet valve. May need to replace Impeller in water pump. See if the guage drops to zero when the tubing is disconnected.
    Feel free to PM if you have questions.
    Last edited by bpicinc; 11-18-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

Try cleaning out the pee hole with some weed whip line

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    Thanks for the ideas. The impeller is 4 months old. I should have included that in the original post. Thanks

Take a small wire or heavy mono and stick it up the tell tale hole. Probably clogged. When its running if you take the flush hose off and water is shooting out your good, its just a clogged tell tale hole.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

6. Member
    Check the poppet valve on the back low rear of the engine. If you got trash in the system and that is stuck open, it could impact your water pressure which would mean nothing out of the witness hole.