Does anyone double down on stupid better than FWC?

So it's all over the media today that once again, FWC will be feeding manatees this winter so they don't starve. The media post from FWC says this is due to historic lows in the manatees food supply. Gee....you mean all the grass and hyacinths you sprayed and killed?

What a bunch of clowns these guys are. Nuke a lake beyond death and then spend millions "replanting grass". Nuke everything green in sight then realize it will also kill the manatees so now the manatees eat from Publix just like everyone else. Brilliant!

2. Banned
    Well, if you look at what FWC pays marine biologists with advance degrees, its simple to see why poor decision making is the norm. I am on their email list for job openings. The jobs I mentioned pay $17-21 per hour. You can sign up for the emails on their app.

3. Member
    I saw that article the other day. Stupid is as stupid does. They make their own rules and answer to no one including the people who pay their salary.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    I saw that article the other day. Stupid is as stupid does. They make their own rules and answer to no one including the people who pay their salary.

Run by a bunch of Developers and Death Spray Owners. The Board of Directors was Hand Picked after their Donations to Rick Scott when he was Governor. Only the Current Governor can make any changes to the Board I do believe.

5. Banned
    Well, as much as I hate the spraying, it has nothing to do with feeding the manatees, as the area they are going to feed them in is a saltwatwer lagoon. No lily pads or hyacinths in the area for them to feed on, just the normal river grasses that have gone away. But not from spraying, but from poor building practices and septic tanks seeping into the lagoon.
    There are NO sprayboats in the lagoon at all.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Well, as much as I hate the spraying, it has nothing to do with feeding the manatees, as the area they are going to feed them in is a saltwatwer lagoon. No lily pads or hyacinths in the area for them to feed on, just the normal river grasses that have gone away. But not from spraying, but from poor building practices and septic tanks seeping into the lagoon.
    There are NO sprayboats in the lagoon at all.
    So your saying all the lakes and canal systems they spray poison in Does NOT end up in in the ocean? I think your backwards, Septic tanks is fertilizer. Grasses would grow better.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottOz View Post
    So your saying all the lakes and canal systems they spray poison in Does NOT end up in in the ocean? I think your backwards, Septic tanks is fertilizer. Grasses would grow better.
    Septic tank seepage puts N2 into the water that impedes the sea grass growth due to the plankton that feeds on the seepage. Makes the water cloud up and inhibits the grass growth. Try reading up on the subject. You are the one who is mistaken.
    Just because the grass is greener over the septic tank does not mean it's good for the water in the IRL.

The loss of Sea Grass in the Indian Lagoon is now at 98%. The next 10 years projected population growth on the Lagoon will exceed the population of Orlando as it stands today. So, Brevard, Indian River, Martin and St. Lucie Counties are hosed......Plus they are still permitting New Construction for Septic Systems.
    2013 Young GulfShore 20
    2019 Yamaha F 150

9. Member
    The once “Great” state turning into a cesspool. Damn Shame!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gambler1 View Post
    The once “Great” state turning into a cesspool. Damn Shame!
    But, but, but ... tax revenues are up and we won't get hurt on I-4 now, it's operating at 5 mph usually.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    But, but, but ... tax revenues are up and we won't get hurt on I-4 now, it's operating at 5 mph usually.
    I-4 is the absolute worst highway in the state. I try and avoid it . One bad accident plus tourism near Orlando can add hrs to your destination east or west!!

12. Member
    Yep 1 hour to get from I-4 &98 in Lakeland to I-4 & 27. No accident in site.

13. Member
    Yep 1 hour to get from I-4 &98 in Lakeland to I-4 & 27. No accident in site.
    How the heck did you manage to go 24 miles in an hour.
    Was this at 3am on a Wednesday? Not at all nice to brag.

14. Member
    ^^^ pedal to the metal

15. Member
    ^^^ pedal to the metal
    Lol, He locked it in 4x4 and took the shoulder