Guntersville Trip

I'm coming down from Wisconsin in the middle of March, strictly for fun. It's my first time fishing outside the upper midwest or anywhere shad is the main course. Staying close to Scottsboro and will be there for almost a week. I will get a map card but looking for any pointers. Locations, lures, colors, areas to stay away from? TIA

2. Member
    Guntersville can be very busy that time of year but it’s a big lake. I’ve been several times in March I would wait till after the 20th to go. The fish will be coming up on beds. I would recommend fishing from Goose pond to browns creek. That’s a big area but look for spawning flats. They will kill a chatterbait, trap, swim bait and top water. It’s crazy to see but those fish will move up overnight by the hundreds on beds. Alred and spring creek can be really good. Last year we were there and they started to spawn and the lake turned to pour mud from heavy rains. But it was great till then. Good luck and safe travels
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    When we lived in Sardis City I fished 3-4 days a week and put in at Spring Creek. Many times we never had to crank the big motor. Spring Creek has it all.

4. Member
    Give a call and stop in to GTO Scottsboro (Waterfront) . They have all the tackle you will need and they can also give you an idea of where to head in the waters near Scottsboro. That is a great time of year you should have a fun trip. My one tip would be to not spot hop in your boat as it is a very large body of water. You will save money trailering from one spot to another if they are long trips.