Garmin force issue

I had a little over a year completely trouble free from my force to. Recently it crapped out during a tournament and not sure what happened. The motor status light stays lit red. When googling it, it says motor turning on but the motor never does turn on. Red light stays red. Went through the boat and discovered my onboard charger went bad and my trolling batteries were very low. Bought a new charger hoping that would fix the issue but no dice. Batteries are fully charged and still have same issue. Any one else experience this?

2. Member
    I am not a Force owner but I think you should take some voltage readings. Start with the batteries. Then at the motor input cable with the T/M turned on and the motor selected on constant or energized.

I suggest calling Garmin for support. The charger and battery low voltage issue may have impacted the trolling motor. Garmin support is very good
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

4. Member
    I checked the power. I have 24.86 volts at all spots available to check on trolling motor.

I have also tried to update the trolling motor but was unsuccessful as it will not connect to active captain, other garmin depthfinders on boat (echomap 93sv x 4) nor will it connect with the remote for the trolling motor.

5. Member
    If you have a bad connection it will go red and can still have good volts when just checking but when on the go it heats up and will kill it

Again call Garmin support 1 800 800 1020.

Red status light is low voltage.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Did you figure it out yet or get the right answer?

8. Member
    Again I double checked and thete is not low voltage. It I'd not the battery status light.

Gsrmin ran me through a few tests. They believe headboard is had and are sending me a new one.

9. Member
    As with a lot of electronics these days with circuit boards, sometimes you can disconnect the voltage for a minute or two and it resets itself. I see you got a board coming, I would do it so maybe you could have a spare board.

10. Member
    I had to send the original board in so unfortunately I only will have the one board. A 2nd would be nice though.