Thread: NEW MOTOR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Makes my decision about repowering a little more difficult (if they dont get my rebuilt one figured out). Those newer Eyra's over in the boats for sale might cause a divorce lol

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Amazing to me that Mercury is still so far behind, no reason for it whatsoever.
    Artificial shortages drive the prices way up, about to see this turn around though
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Artificial shortages drive the prices way up, about to see this turn around though
    Exactly, artificial. We've been building 1200 diesel engines here every single day with no slow down since Dec of 2016. If we and all of our various suppliers can keep up and build them they can too.

4. Member
    Exactly, artificial. We've been building 1200 diesel engines here every single day with no slow down since Dec of 2016. If we and all of our various suppliers can keep up and build them they can too.
    I don't think Cummins Diesel makes any outboard motor, though I wish they could figure a way cause I would by 1 in a heart beat. Heck, I got millions of miles on all my Cummins on 5 of the 9 rigs we had them on, not counting the little 4 cyl in the 15 ton excavator that ran like a chased coon.

5. Fishing is a Passion
    If you need to repower. You can get any Suzuki engine with controls at very reasonable prices. Just saying
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

6. Member
    I have a buddy who just repowered with a Merc 250 4S, he just called a dealer and four weeks later he has a new motor.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
    Anyone ordered a new motor lately? Man my dealer told me he had a few coming in within 2-3 weeks. That was months ago!!!
    Check with Bob At Bobs Marine in Bellevue, IA. Last year when my E-TEC blew he had a new Merc 115 in stock. They are close to you and good people.

Amazing to me that Mercury is still so far behind, no reason for it whatsoever.
    There sure is a reason, it drives the price way up
    Thank You Leon Pugh

So we have posts that manufacturers are over producing engines trying to meet demand, and posts that they are creating artificial shortages, which I would assume they are intentionally limiting production and supply to drive up prices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12