hooking livescope to lithium trolling motor battery

I have 2 lithium batteries for my 24 minn kota> I have hooked up the power to my gls10 box and my 1022sv graph to one of the batteries. Is there a problem with this? It seems to work fine in the garage but have not tested on the water yet, as its CAF here right now and probably wont get on the water again until april.

Thanks for any feedbackl
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

2. Member
    Input voltage is 10-32 and your prob at 24-27. Not optimal as the motor will cause voltage dips and potential image quality issues.

I only have my garmin system hooked up to one battery for 12 volts, but it is supplying about 13.4 when i put a meter on it or check it at the graph. Are you saying that you can hook up 24 volt supply to the garmin gls 10 box and graph?

Have you thought about something like this? I have a friend that is a Striper guide and had 5 batteries in his boat, we installed lithiums and eliminated one battery by using one of these.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Just talked with Garmin and they said I could hook it up to 24 volt system and it should work fine, but may blow some fuses if getting above 30 volts. I am thinking of just hooking mine up to 24 volts and seeing how it goes. Anyone else doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by sodaksker View Post
    Just talked with Garmin and they said I could hook it up to 24 volt system and it should work fine, but may blow some fuses if getting above 30 volts. I am thinking of just hooking mine up to 24 volts and seeing how it goes. Anyone else doing this?
    Seems they are pushing it a little, guess it is ok but not sure they would stand by the warranty if something blows v

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

7. Member
    I believe I'd keep things within the recommended voltage.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Bill,

Thank you for posting those specs for the echomap units. I have the 1022 unit. On that system it shows voltage input range from 10 - 32 volts and the same for the GLs 10 box. I think I will just keep it on the one battery for now and see how that works out.

Thanks to everyone for the responses and feedback. This site is a great source of information.

Not a good idea to run electronics off of TM power. This is big no, no with the older trolling motors as you will get electronic feed back from the trolling motor to your MFD’s. Much better to run off the starting battery or a stand alone battery just for your electronics.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Not a good idea to run electronics off of TM power. This is big no, no with the older trolling motors as you will get electronic feed back from the trolling motor to your MFD’s. Much better to run off the starting battery or a stand alone battery just for your electronics.
    This x2
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

Quote Originally Posted by Madeintheshade View Post
    This x2
    I have heard some reports of guys trying this with there new lithium batteries and not having any problems. I will give it a go and report back. Thanks again.