St Augustine March 2023

I'll be coming down for a wedding the last week of March. I'm looking for guided bass trip. It will be my 40th Birthday gift to myself and I've been thinking about going to the Bienville Plantatation or the St Johns river. Which would you choose, or what else would you suggest, and also suggest a guide.

2. Member
    Headwaters - plenty of good guides, check their facebook page.

3. Member
    Catchin Bass Guide Service at Headwaters and surround Lakes.

One of the very best there is Day in and Out.

https://catchinbassguide.com/

4. Member
    Well I've not heard of that lake, but it sure does look awesome. Might have to make that drive.

If you don't care about size and just want to get on the water, hit me up when your down here and I can take you out on the ST. Johns.

p.s I do NOT accept or ask for gas money .
    Last edited by BOATS; 11-18-2022 at 03:25 PM.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    If you don't care about size and just want to get on the water, hit me up when your down here and I can take you out on the ST. Johns.

p.s I do NOT accept or ask for gas money .
    Thats a very generous offer, I may take you up on that! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    Thats a very generous offer, I may take you up on that! thanks!
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

8. Member
    C.C. Corey bass fishing guide (386) 325-3743. Look him up on youtube
    I don't always post or reply but when I do, I...?

9. Member
    Boats is a great guy and trust me you would enjoy fishing with him. Shoot me a message if you would like. I would gladly meet up and take you to stick marsh or headwaters and save you the guide fee. Been going to the marsh for 20 yrs. Like boats, I ask for nothing. Let me know since I leave early April for a bass fishing month around Texas.

BTW. Bienville can be amazing but it is not what it once was. It has just become a rich man hangout.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Boats is a great guy and trust me you would enjoy fishing with him. Shoot me a message if you would like. I would gladly meet up and take you to stick marsh or headwaters and save you the guide fee. Been going to the marsh for 20 yrs. Like boats, I ask for nothing. Let me know since I leave early April for a bass fishing month around Texas.

BTW. Bienville can be amazing but it is not what it once was. It has just become a rich man hangout.
    Thank you for the gracious offer. I may take you up on that, one.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I'll be coming down for a wedding the last week of March. I'm looking for guided bass trip. It will be my 40th Birthday gift to myself and I've been thinking about going to the Bienville Plantatation or the St Johns river. Which would you choose, or what else would you suggest, and also suggest a guide.

Take the free trip on the River with the awesome folks that have offered; Guides on the north end are few and far between anyway. Or take them up on a Headwaters run.

Just FYI - SJR bass fishing has seen better days - note that there are no trails (BASS Elites or Opens, MLF PBT, Pro Circuit, Toyota) coming to SJR. It continues to decline from poor recruitment and biomass reduction caused by habitat loss - The grass has been totally gone since 2016.

Rodman also does not have any submerged aquatic vegetation. FWC Biologist Tuten is aware and they are reportedly researching.

Bienville is pricey, but depending on which lake (and guide) you get on, can be epic. Lakes A, B and C over Lake 14.

I've been fishing SJR regularly for over 25 years, however I currently drive 1-2 hours when I want to get on something other than gar and mudfish.

Send a PM as it gets closer if you are looking for a ride for a day.