Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share your rod arsenal

Does anyone mind sharing what your arsenal is
    I've typed out most models below to try and help so you don't have to list them all just curious how people fish in their state
    If you don't use these rods feel free to share similar your number to similar numbers

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7'9" Heavy Monroe-

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7' Med-MH Ehrler-

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7'4" Heavy Monroe-

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Casting Rod 7'6" Heavy Monroe-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting AGS Rod 8' Heavy Monroe-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Cranking Rod 7'2" Medium Ehrler-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Cranking Rod 7' Med Hvy Omori-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Cranking Rod 7'4" Med Hvy Ehrler-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 6'9" Med Lt Feider-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 6'9" Heavy-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7' Med Lt Howell-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'1" Heavy-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'2" Med Hvy Howell-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'3" Med Hvy Ehrler-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'3" Heavy Omori-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'4" Med Hvy Howell-

Daiwa Tatula Elite Casting Rod 7'6" Med Hvy Meyer-

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Spin Rod 6'10" Medium-

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Spin Rod 7'1" Med Ehrler-

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Spin Rod 7'4" Medium Meyer-

Daiwa Tatula Elite AGS Spin Rod 7'6" ML Feider-
    Last edited by GoneFishingLTN; 11-16-2022 at 10:04 AM.

2. Member
    Well there's these...and then the dozen or so in the boat and another dozen on the wall in the garage...

rodrack.JPG

3. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    (1) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 905C
    (4) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 904C
    (4) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 903C
    (1) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 842C
    (2) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 902S
    (7) F5 custom swimbait rods

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

4. Member
    Which should I list, the 20 I always have in the boat or the 80 I have lined up on the wall?

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Which should I list, the 20 I always have in the boat or the 80 I have lined up on the wall?
    Please list all 100 lol

6. Member
    I've come to love that 7 4 MH Howell for chatters and spinnerbaits. Perfect action and the slightly shorter handle works well for me.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 22RangerZ520R View Post
    (1) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 905C
    (4) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 904C
    (4) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 903C
    (1) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 842C
    (2) Shimano/G. Loomis Conquest 902S
    (7) F5 custom swimbait rods
    VERY nice arsenal thank you sharing, interesting take on all the 7'6"rods

8. Member
    I have a variety. For the most part these are just the ones in carry in the boat. The rest are sitting in the basement (Cashion, Lews, etc)
    Spinning:
    GLoomis bronze back 832 DSR (weibe handle)
    St Croix Mojo 7’1 Medium
    St Croix Mojo 6’8 Medium
    St Croix Avid X 6’9 ML (favorite production rod I’ve owned)
    St Croix premier 7’ ML
    Custom CRB 6’6” ML (feels more like a Med)
    Custom MHX 7’ ML (lightest rod I’ve built)
    Custom RodGeeks C2 6’6 ML (st Croix SCII blank)

Casting
    Gander Mtn XFactor 6’6” Medium
    Gander Mtn XFaxtor 7’2 MH
    St Croix Avid 6’6 MH
    St Croix BassX 7’ Medium
    Kistler Argon 6’10 MH-MF
    Custom NFC XRay SJ736 (most sensitive rod I’ve ever owned/built)
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

9. Member
    NRX 852s
    NRX 852c
    NRX 853c
    NRX 854c x3
    NRX 873crr x2
    GLX 852s
    GLX 854c
    GLX 893c
    GLX 894c
    GLX 783c
    Imx Pro 863c
    Imx Pro 903c
    Imx Pro 883bjr
    E6x 843cbr
    E6x 845cbr
    and a few Dobyns and Megabass

10. Member
    The last time I checked this website didn't support a data export from my Oracle Express Edition database I use to inventory my JDM fishing tackle, so I'll refrain from cluttering up this thread.

All joking aside, what is it you are seeking? I tend to categorize/organize my JDM casting and spinning rods by function/technique, and I suspect that you will find that there are regional differences due to geology/hydrology and weather conditions across our great nation. For instance, we are all done fishing open water in the Upper Midwest where you and I reside, but my uncle was out fishing for stripers this afternoon in a t-shirt on the California Delta near his house in Sacramento, CA.

Or is it that you are seeking only actual rod model information as some have responded with so far? If so, I'm uncertain that some of my more obscure JDM casting and (especially) spinning rods I own and fish with may not be of any use to you without some form of categorization/organization of the rod information.

Please have a great day!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Savage gear rod casting 8” xxh okuma reel

ugly stik spinning 9” cabelas reel
    shimano spinning 8” fin nor reel
    cabelas sea striker spinning 7” fin nor reel
    guide series 9” spinning gander reel
    cabelas noodle rod 9”
    And a bunch more spinning outfits

10wt hook and hackle rod with a redington reel
    8wt temple fork. Cabelas reel.

These ate not all my rods but these are the ones that I use the most.

E6x 854 jwr
    E6x 843 mbr
    GCX 843 mbr
    Mossyback 804c
    Mossyback 842s
    GL2 842 cbr
    GCX 843 cbr
    GLoomis 843 Cranking Series
    Hammer 735 casting
    Dobyns Fury 705cb

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by City17Banner View Post
    The last time I checked this website didn't support a data export from my Oracle Express Edition database I use to inventory my JDM fishing tackle, so I'll refrain from cluttering up this thread.

All joking aside, what is it you are seeking? I tend to categorize/organize my JDM casting and spinning rods by function/technique, and I suspect that you will find that there are regional differences due to geology/hydrology and weather conditions across our great nation. For instance, we are all done fishing open water in the Upper Midwest where you and I reside, but my uncle was out fishing for stripers this afternoon in a t-shirt on the California Delta near his house in Sacramento, CA.

Or is it that you are seeking only actual rod model information as some have responded with so far? If so, I'm uncertain that some of my more obscure JDM casting and (especially) spinning rods I own and fish with may not be of any use to you without some form of categorization/organization of the rod information.

Please have a great day!
    Sir I'm 1000% sure I would enjoy reading through whatever you are gonna tell in whatever format

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StymoDe View Post
    Sir I'm 1000% sure I would enjoy reading through whatever you are gonna tell in whatever format
    Hahaha! You flatter me far too much sir.

However, since it is wintertime and the lakes have started icing up, I'll devote some time and thought to how best to share my "rod arsenal" as the OP indicated in a format that may be useful for others.

Please have a great day!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    Well there's these...and then the dozen or so in the boat and another dozen on the wall in the garage...

rodrack.JPG

16. Member
    Here we go, hope the wife doesn't have a burner account on BBC I don't know about....

AA DSR 6’10” (1/8 – ½) – M – F – Daiwa XFire 3012H – JBG HV 10lb/Floro
    AA DSR 6’10” (1/8 – ½) – M – F – Daiwa XFire 3012H – JBG HV 10lb/Floro
    Daiwa STEEZ 7’0” (1/8 – 3/8) – ML – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH
    Daiwa STEEZ 7’0” (1/8 – 3/8) – ML – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH
    Abu Garcia Ike 7’4” (3/32 – ½) – ML – MF – Daiwa Caldia LT4000SC
    G Loomis GLX 902s 7’6” (1/8 – 3/8) – M – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000SC
    Daiwa STEEZ 7’0” (1/4 – 1) – H – F – Daiwa XFire 3012H – JBG SG 15lb/Floro
    Daiwa STEEZ 7’0” (1/4 – 1) – H – F – Daiwa XFire 3012H – JBG SG 15lb/Floro
    MB Orochi XX 7’4” (1/4 – 5/8) – M – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – JBG LV 10lb/Floro
    AA Tac Mag 7’6” (1/4 – 5/8) – M – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – JBG SG 15lb/Floro
    Abu Garcia FP 7’6” (1/4 – 5/8) – M – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – JBG SG 15lb/Floro
    Shimano Expride 6’8” (1/4 – ¾) – MH – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – PP VR 15lb/Floro
    Shimano Expride 6’8” (1/4 – ¾) – MH – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – PP VR 15lb/Floro
    Dobyns CH XP 7’0” (3/8 – 1 ¼) – H – F – Kage MQ LT4000D CXH –JBG 30lb LV
    Dobyns CH XP 7’0” (3/8 – 1 ¼) – H – F – Kage MQ LT4000D CXH – JBG 30lb LV
    Dobyns CH XP 7’6” (1/4 – 1) – MH – F – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – JBG 30lb LV
    Abu Garcia Ike 7’4” (3/32 – ½) – ML – MF – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 – JBG SG 15lb/Floro
    Fitzgerald AP 7’6” (1/4 – 3/4) – M – M – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – JBG 15lb SG
    Fitzgerald AP 7’6” (1/4 – 3/4) – M – M – Daiwa Caldia LT4000 CXH – JBG 15lb SG

Too much???

17. Member
    Cast
    HPT 7'6" XH x4
    HPT 7'6" H x4
    HPT 7'3" H x4
    HPT 7'3" MH x4
    HPT 7'3" M x4

Spin
    HPT 6'9" ML x3
    HPT 7'3" M x4

Here we go.

G. Loomis NRX+ 872S Spinning (1 ea). All around great spinning rod excels at DS for 3/8
    G. Loomis NRX 872S Spinning (1ea) Little softer than the + good for DS 1/4-3/8 and open water wack rig or Neko
    G. Loomis NRX+ 852S Spinning (1ea) Perfect all around spinning rod. Senkos, Tubes, Neko, 1/4 Neds etc...
    G. Loomis NRX 852S Spinning (2 ea) Same as plus just a little softer on the tip. Good for DS and Neds and Senkos for skipping.
    G. Loomis NRX. 822DSR Spinning (2 ea). 1/4 weights is the sweet spot for this rod. Great Ned Rig rod as well.
    Megabass P5 Windbuster Spinning (1 ea). Just a great all around finesse bait rod. Can do just about anything. Always on my deck. Another will be added this winter.
    Megabass OrochiXX. 6'11 DSR Spinning (2 ea). My go to rod for skipping senkos under docks and brush. Soft tip and Uncanny power once the fish is hooked.
    Megabass OrochiXX 6'8" Ronin Spinning (1ea). My go to Jerkbait Rod.
    Megabass Oraochi. 7'4" Enforcer Spinning (1 ea). Best Great Lakes tube rod I have found.
    Ark Reinforcer 6'10" DSR Spinning (1 ea). Rod is sneaky good. I would say on level with Loomis GLX.
    G.Loomis GLX 820S DSR Spinning (1 ea). 1/8 oz or less ned rig rod.
    Ark Essecene 7'6". Med/Light (1 ea ). Hair Jig Rod. Can't beat the price and quality on this rod.
    St. Croix Victory 7'3" Med Spinning (2 ea). Sometimes price doest matter when you find a good rod. My go to rod for 1/4 to 3/8 2.75" tubes on smallmouth lakes.
    St. Croix Legend Glass 7'2" Spinning (1 ea). Multi use cranking rod. Also good for small Rico's on top.
    St. Croix Legend Glass 6'10" Spinning (1 ea). Multi use cranking rod. Small square bills and small shallow cranks.
    Abu Fantasista 7'6" Spinning. (1 ea). Open water technigues such as weighted wacky senko ,tubes in the 1/4 range.
    Dobyns 7'6" 763 Extreme Spinning (1 ea). I can't get rid of this rod. 3/8 oz tubes and only that. Rod=Money.
    Custom 7'11".(1 ea) Custom Med action for Great Lakes. Cast a bait a mile and power to pull in a big brown fish easily
    Daiwa VIP Spinning Crankbait Rod. Old school glass rod that still get them.

G Loomis NRX+ 853C Casting (1 ea). Med/Hvy. Chatterbaits, buzz baits, small T rigs and jigs.
    G Loomis NRX 853C. Casting. (2 ea). Little lighter than the + mostly chatter baits with these rods in the 3/8 oz range.
    G. Loomis NRX 873C. Casting (1 ea). Jig rod for 3/8-1/2 oz. some T-rig stuff
    Ark 7'4" Tharp Series Crankbait (2 ea). Best open water chatter bait rod for the money. I never lose a fish in this rod.
    Ark 7' Tharp Series Crankbait (1 ea). Go to spinnerbait rod in 3/8oz range.
    Ark 7' Reinforcer Casting (1 ea) Med/HVY. Great all around rod. Fishes way above it's price range.
    Ark 7' Reinforcer Casting (1ea) HVY. My skipping rod for docks.
    Ark 7'6" Cobb Series HVY (1 ea) This is my frog rod and the rod can be had for under $100
    Ark 7'6" Invoker Series (1 ea) HVY. Flipping and pitching with this one.
    Ark 7'6" Invoker Series (1 ea) Xtra HVY. For the thick stuff
    Daiwa VIP Cranking Rod 6'6" (1 ea). Old school square bill rod.
    Daiwa DXSB. 8' Xtra Heavy Swim Bait rod (1 ea) . For the Big Girls and big baits.
    Loomis E6 8' 964C Casting (1 ea ). Med/Heavy Swim Bait rod for 2-4 oz baits.

Bunch of other rods mostly in the 6'6" range that have fallen out of favor over the years.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasD View Post
    NRX 852s
    NRX 852c
    NRX 853c
    NRX 854c x3
    NRX 873crr x2
    GLX 852s
    GLX 854c
    GLX 893c
    GLX 894c
    GLX 783c
    Imx Pro 863c
    Imx Pro 903c
    Imx Pro 883bjr
    E6x 843cbr
    E6x 845cbr
    and a few Dobyns and Megabass
    Hi, can you compare your GLX 852, 853, and 854 to your NRX versions? thanks...

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    Here we go.

G. Loomis NRX+ 872S Spinning (1 ea). All around great spinning rod excels at DS for 3/8
    G. Loomis NRX 872S Spinning (1ea) Little softer than the + good for DS 1/4-3/8 and open water wack rig or Neko
    G. Loomis NRX+ 852S Spinning (1ea) Perfect all around spinning rod. Senkos, Tubes, Neko, 1/4 Neds etc...
    G. Loomis NRX 852S Spinning (2 ea) Same as plus just a little softer on the tip. Good for DS and Neds and Senkos for skipping.
    G. Loomis NRX. 822DSR Spinning (2 ea). 1/4 weights is the sweet spot for this rod. Great Ned Rig rod as well.
    Megabass P5 Windbuster Spinning (1 ea). Just a great all around finesse bait rod. Can do just about anything. Always on my deck. Another will be added this winter.
    Megabass OrochiXX. 6'11 DSR Spinning (2 ea). My go to rod for skipping senkos under docks and brush. Soft tip and Uncanny power once the fish is hooked.
    Megabass OrochiXX 6'8" Ronin Spinning (1ea). My go to Jerkbait Rod.
    Megabass Oraochi. 7'4" Enforcer Spinning (1 ea). Best Great Lakes tube rod I have found.
    Ark Reinforcer 6'10" DSR Spinning (1 ea). Rod is sneaky good. I would say on level with Loomis GLX.
    G.Loomis GLX 820S DSR Spinning (1 ea). 1/8 oz or less ned rig rod.
    Ark Essecene 7'6". Med/Light (1 ea ). Hair Jig Rod. Can't beat the price and quality on this rod.
    St. Croix Victory 7'3" Med Spinning (2 ea). Sometimes price doest matter when you find a good rod. My go to rod for 1/4 to 3/8 2.75" tubes on smallmouth lakes.
    St. Croix Legend Glass 7'2" Spinning (1 ea). Multi use cranking rod. Also good for small Rico's on top.
    St. Croix Legend Glass 6'10" Spinning (1 ea). Multi use cranking rod. Small square bills and small shallow cranks.
    Abu Fantasista 7'6" Spinning. (1 ea). Open water technigues such as weighted wacky senko ,tubes in the 1/4 range.
    Dobyns 7'6" 763 Extreme Spinning (1 ea). I can't get rid of this rod. 3/8 oz tubes and only that. Rod=Money.
    Custom 7'11".(1 ea) Custom Med action for Great Lakes. Cast a bait a mile and power to pull in a big brown fish easily
    Daiwa VIP Spinning Crankbait Rod. Old school glass rod that still get them.

G Loomis NRX+ 853C Casting (1 ea). Med/Hvy. Chatterbaits, buzz baits, small T rigs and jigs.
    G Loomis NRX 853C. Casting. (2 ea). Little lighter than the + mostly chatter baits with these rods in the 3/8 oz range.
    G. Loomis NRX 873C. Casting (1 ea). Jig rod for 3/8-1/2 oz. some T-rig stuff
    Ark 7'4" Tharp Series Crankbait (2 ea). Best open water chatter bait rod for the money. I never lose a fish in this rod.
    Ark 7' Tharp Series Crankbait (1 ea). Go to spinnerbait rod in 3/8oz range.
    Ark 7' Reinforcer Casting (1 ea) Med/HVY. Great all around rod. Fishes way above it's price range.
    Ark 7' Reinforcer Casting (1ea) HVY. My skipping rod for docks.
    Ark 7'6" Cobb Series HVY (1 ea) This is my frog rod and the rod can be had for under $100
    Ark 7'6" Invoker Series (1 ea) HVY. Flipping and pitching with this one.
    Ark 7'6" Invoker Series (1 ea) Xtra HVY. For the thick stuff
    Daiwa VIP Cranking Rod 6'6" (1 ea). Old school square bill rod.
    Daiwa DXSB. 8' Xtra Heavy Swim Bait rod (1 ea) . For the Big Girls and big baits.
    Loomis E6 8' 964C Casting (1 ea ). Med/Heavy Swim Bait rod for 2-4 oz baits.

Bunch of other rods mostly in the 6'6" range that have fallen out of favor over the years.
    Mr Bass, you are now the reference I will make to my wife when she says I have too many high end rods..

Looks like the Ark Drop Shot rod stayed in the line up?? Is the 7'6" Abu the Premier or the X ? I have the Premier and it is a GREAT stick!!

The St Croix Glass rods are really unique rods. I may pick up the 6'10" for poppers and smaller topwaters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast