drop shot rods blank BUILD

Thinking of building a dropshot spinning rod. Thinking around 6"2' to 7"2' lenght, Need suggestions on good blanks, eye combination,part numbers, ect.
    thanks

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

2. Member
    How heavy of weight are you looking at using?

3. Member
    Point Blank PB691MLXF, ALPS Rapid Spin reel seat (uplocking), 5 rings for the butt, 2 behind the seat, epoxy ramp at the front, Fuji Alconites CCKLAG20H, CCKLAG10H, CCKLAG5.5M, CCKTAG5.5 runners and an Alconite FAT tip 5.5 ring and I think the tip is a 5. For dropshot rods I like a closed traditional hook keeper in front of the seat and a Kigan keeper at the bottom of the split to attach the weight.

4. Member
    There's dropshotting at 4-8 lb. line to Bubbashotting, what are we looking at?

line 8 to 14lb mono or 10 - 20lb braid with 10 ft of 8/10 lb floro leader, usually 1/4 to 3/8 sinker, 4 to 6 inch lure. 2000 reel, will most likely be a abu rx ..... split grip handle arangement ... use a lower hook clip and a clip holder upper forgrip/handle for weight holder,,,,,, suggustion welcomed with part #s

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

6. Member
    I have one built on this blank and really like it.

Bushido Drop Shot Rod Blank DS69/8-15

7. Member
    I am in the process of building a DS rod on a Rainshadow Eternity RX 10. ETES 72 ML. Beautiful blank. Winn fish scale split grips, Alps AES exposed seat, Alps Titanium Y guides with Zirconia insert. I built one last season on their 6'8" Immortal ML blank, and it was excellent, but I anticipate that this RX 10 will be better. Don't think you could go wrong using either series. Here is a pic of the RX10 that I am working on. Unfortunately with winter on the way, I won't get to use it until next spring.

rx10.jpg
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

winns grips have came along way ....very nice

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

9. Member
    The coating on Winn grips makes them one of, if not the least durable grip option out there. Many have had to rebuild their rods in just 18 months to a few years of use.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I am in the process of building a DS rod on a Rainshadow Eternity RX 10. ETES 72 ML. Beautiful blank. Winn fish scale split grips, Alps AES exposed seat, Alps Titanium Y guides with Zirconia insert. I built one last season on their 6'8" Immortal ML blank, and it was excellent, but I anticipate that this RX 10 will be better. Don't think you could go wrong using either series. Here is a pic of the RX10 that I am working on. Unfortunately with winter on the way, I won't get to use it until next spring.

rx10.jpg
    +1 for this blank. Best drop shot blank I've built on or used. Light weight, soft tip, super sensitive, bends all the way through the blank, plenty of power due to the length. 1/4 oz. to 1/2 oz. weights is the sweet spot. I can't even begin to count how many smallmouth I've caught on this thing.