Another water in the transom post

I just left the water in transom on the other side of the bilge all year as it was only a 1/2 inch or so at the most. I took the boat out for the year and I just got a cordless wet/dry vac and decided to remove the water. I was surprised to get almost 3 gallons out of there.

Do you pull the drain plug after every trip and keep the boat slightly bow high so any water that might be in the bilge would drain out?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Do you pull the drain plug after every trip and keep the boat slightly bow high so any water that might be in the bilge would drain out?
    I haven't been doing that but seeing now how much water is down there, I will. Thanks. So that amount is water is not unusual?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    I just left the water in transom on the other side of the bilge all year as it was only a 1/2 inch or so at the most. I took the boat out for the year and I just got a cordless wet/dry vac and decided to remove the water. I was surprised to get almost 3 gallons out of there.
    Do you have an automatic bilge pump.? With that volume of water the bilge should have gone off several times. If you don't have an automatic bilge, then I strongly recommend you get one. As far keeping the bow high and the drain plug open when the boat is on its trailer and not in use, I second that.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

5. Member
    I can’t fathom not pulling the drain plug after every use. That’s really weird to just let water stand in the boat.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

6. Member
    Mold, mildew, etc. Water can become stagnant in as little as 24-48 hours, then it’s a breeding ground. I would suggest scrubbing it out thoroughly and next year use the drain plug.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybass View Post
    It is referred to as "Water in the Bilge".....always pull drain plug after a day on water to check for water in bilge. Water in the transom is totally different.