Ghost makes HUGE noise in underwater compared to others.

I was considering buying a Ghost.. but after watching this video I will be surprised if anyone ever wins a tourny using the ghost, and unless Lowrance fixs the noise issue I wont ever buy one... the amount of noise made under the water is far more than any others compared in the video.

Old news

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

3. Member
    That is total BS. My Ghost is far and away from the quietest thing I have ever seen or used, if it didnt have a light sometimes I wouldnt even know it is on. I have won two tournaments this year and credit both wins to my Ghost. I think their test motor just made noise and was never a problem. This video is well over 3 years old, get some new data then formulate an opinion.

4. Member
    That’s BS. Sorry. No way is my Ghost that loud
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

As others have stated... very old video and was thoroughly scrutinized/debunked at the time as well. That, and TBH I would not put too much stock any any video/review/etc put out by Glenn due to sponsor bias/slant.

6. Member
    Yup, that’s total B.S. That video was of a prototype. Not even close. It’s basically a garmin video bad mouthing lowrance. Don’t be fooled by this. My ghost is as quiet as could be. Ever hear of ‘don’t believe everything you hear’. This is a perfect example. Glenn May is sponsored by garmin. And why is the ghost in dirty water and the garmin in clear water? Think about it.

7. Member
    Hasn’t hurt my fishing at all. In fact, adding the ghost added spot lock for me, and I can tell you that alone has helped me catch more fish tenfold in certain situations. And my Ghost simply isn’t loud. The mount creaks a little when you turn quickly at higher motor speeds but that’s about the only complaint I have. I like the Ghost so much that when I bought my new boat last month, I had the dealer remove the brand new Ultrex already installed on the boat and swap in my used Ghost from the boat I traded in.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

8. Member
    never hear anything but the shaft turning ?? and even that isn't loud
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    Love how some believe everything they hear and see. Most times I have to check to see if my ghost is even running it’s so quite, lol.

10. Member
    I've been running an Ultrex for 3 years. Zero issues and love it. But fished with a buddy of mine a couple months ago that has a ghost and was kinda blown away by how quiet it was and how it appeared to be rock solid.
    Last edited by jkainoa; 11-27-2022 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Spelling error

11. Member
    When I’ve been in boats with an Ultrex, it seems very quiet. Same for my ghost. But my buddies that have Ultrexes also both had breakdowns that rendered the trolling motor dead until they could get it fixed. When I used the Ultrex, I found the pedal to be very loose feeling - it was very easy for me to overcorrect the steering in waves. That’s problematic for me because I like leaning some of my weight on the pedal when fishing. But that is probably something I could adjust to/get used to. But the Ghost pedal felt like home and required me about 15 minutes to get used to. Feels like my old Motorguide Tour cable steer.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

12. Member
    Fake news and not even a valid test of the noise as indicated back when it was originally posted here.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

13. Member
    Replaced my Ultrex with the Ghost and couldn’t be happier. It is much quieter and in my opinion outperforms the Ultrex in every feature. I couldn’t be happier with the performance of the Ghost.
    2019 Nitro Z20
    250 ProXS

14. Member
    thanks for the replies Ghost owners, I unfortunately already got a new motor, a Terrova, but the next one will be a Ghost since you guys have me convinced this was a misleading video. I read some ppl already won tournies while using the ghost so that has me more confident it will be ok. I am thinking the noise you hear in the video is the lower shaft moving? Maybe they have fixed this issue since its launch. I still hope to see a 72" shaft out and a way to tell which way the motor is going while i am at the back of the boat. Maybe Ghost 2.0 will be more geared for Great Lakes walleye/ salmon guys?

15. Member
    Use ghost all the time on Erie/Ontario. Absolutely no issues!

Completely debunked BS from this guy. No need to watch anything he puts out.