Trophy Plus Prop help

Hey guys for those of you that run a trophy plus prop on your cobras do yall use a ring if you're running it on a large hub? A friend let me try his 24p trophy plus on my 190 and I think the 25p will be the ticket for my boat. Do you run it as is as long as you don't over rev?

2. Member
    Ive never been able to plane out with a small hub prop that didnt have the ring on it. Never had a Cobra either. It cost about $20 to have delivered so just order one and then you can adjust the pvs holes as needed.

3. Member
    I run a 24p Trophy plus on my rig. As posted above, I couldn’t get on plane without the ring. Trying to use pvs plugs without a ring is basically useless as well.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

4. Member
    Crazy thing is I shot up to 5K RPM's on takeoff with the 24p with no ring and with 3 pvs plugs in.. Will have to look again to see what size plugs it has in it. 25P should be just right I would think.

5. Member
    On my cobra I run a 24p fury. I have a great hole shot and the top speed inn 60 mph. I have an 18'8 boat

201D Cobra, 200 Merc EFI, 23 Trophy plus with vent plugs that were 1/2 open, no ring. Came out of the hole great! If any of the holes were fully vented, it would blow out. Tried other props, one 3 blade yamaha prop, blew out constantly. Got a ring, it only last one trip and got torn up. Motor had been worked and it was putting out a little extra on the bottom end, so I assume it had more exhaust pressure as well. Never had to run a ring on a small hub trophy plus on that rig

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch'ncypress View Post
    Hey guys for those of you that run a trophy plus prop on your cobras do yall use a ring if you're running it on a large hub? A friend let me try his 24p trophy plus on my 190 and I think the 25p will be the ticket for my boat. Do you run it as is as long as you don't over rev?
    Kinda curious, but what motor are you running on your D190?
    Are you running a JP? What size?
    What is you P2P?

8. Member
    2003 carbureted merc 200hp looks to be a 12" slidemaster JP and P2P 3.5

9. Member
    what speed are you getting with the 25 trophy? i just put on a 25 tempest and am hitting 68 without adjusting my jp. 188 w/ 200 pro xs opti

10. Member
    I have a worn 24p tempest plus on there now that i've had for years. A friend let me use a 24p trophy plus to try and rpm's were a tad high which led me to believe the 25p would be right in either the trophy plus or the tempest plus. 56-57 is all I can get out of it now. I'm hoping to see a big jump in speed with a new prop. I also have a 25p 3 blade fury that i need to sell but it seems like too much prop for my set up. Fastest I've ever had my rig was 63 and that was several years ago before I put a fourth battery in.

11. Member
    If a 25p Trophy Plus is overspinning your motor, there is something wrong with the hub, since I run a worked 25" Trophy+ on my '03 Merc 225 EFI off a 10" Slidemaster set at 2 7/8" on my '02 201DC without banging the limiter.
    If you cannot spin a 25p 3 blade Fury, I would sent the 24p Tempest+ to Croxton and have it worked properly with a new hub.