Lynx Underwater LED Light

The three element underwater LED light that is under the jackplate on my 2020 Lynx has failed. I can see some discolored water under the bezel. Has anyone else had issues with that light. Is it easy to replace (sealant)? Should I upgrade it if possible (same hole pattern). Other option is to do nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    My 2021 lynx never had an issue and I put 200 hrs on the motor in two years. My new 2023 lynx has the same light. Silence is what you would use to seal it up and the wire runs into the hill.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    My '19 cougar light has failed. I'd be happy to know the replacement process.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    My 2021 lynx never had an issue and I put 200 hrs on the motor in two years. My new 2023 lynx has the same light. Silence is what you would use to seal it up and the wire runs into thehill.
    silicone and hull likely

need silicone rated for submerged use like in an aquarium
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    silicone and hull likely

need silicone rated for submerged use like in an aquarium
    sorry voice text and didn’t proof read.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

6. Member
    Mine is out as well. I asked Bass Cat about this, and it seems the product is from T&H Marine and it is called the "Extreme Underwater LED Light". Just search the website and it will come up.

Just courious as I have never asked.
    What is the pourpose of the light underwater? just to look cool?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Just courious as I have never asked.
    What is the pourpose of the light underwater? just to look cool?
    Yes primarily to look cool. However, I do appreciate the light when I wiping the back of the motor down at night when standing on my Hydrohoist dock boat lift (big blue tanks for my dock).

We had several people adding LED’s inside the jackplate rails and other accessories for night lighting. Much of it was illegal by USCG standards and also durability was low.

They added wake lights to Premium models to accent the navigation lights, just as the small safety lights were added above the deck steps and ladder areas. It gave a little bling, it improved rear vision when night fishing, in fog or on those early morning pre-take off runs. Oncoming traffic can see you easier.

Original wake lights also had lackluster durability and low lumens. The newer ones we have had excellent success when used on water. They do generate a lot of heat internally and hours are greatly reduced when sitting still and out of water. They need the water and splash to cool them.

BCB

10. Member
    Thanks BCB for your thorough input. When researching replacement underwater LEDs I also read that they need to be water cooled. So leaving the lights on when wiping down at night might have a contributing factor to the light’s failure.