What do you all use to clean your Airbrush

What do you use to clean between colors?
    Have been using Createx airbrush cleaner but seem to be going through it pretty fast on just a few baits.
    What else can I get as this could get pricey the way im going now.

I bought an airbrush cleaning kit on Amazon that comes with all you need for about $20.00

You can order larger bottles of cleaner on there for an affordable price too.

I spray lacquer paint so I use lacquer thinner.

I use a 5 gallon bucket of hot water between my feet. I used to use no brand windex.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

It's been a while since I painted any baits but I used to use rubbing alcohol to clean my airbrush.

I bought that kit like Mark. It works good to get all the little dried pieces out with the brushes and pick for the tip.

several videos out there on using cleaners to make your own, I think I used alchohol, fantastic and glycerin. Works fine for me.

"heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

I have a big bottle of the createx airbrush cleaner that I pour into a small applicator bottle where I mix 50/50 with RO water. Some use distilled water, but since my wife has an RO water filter system for her saltwater fish tanks I use that instead as it is super clean water.

I also use a small paintbrush to scrub a little bit by where the cup meets the needle to remove some of the paint build up there.

I have also found that running thinner paints helps immensely with cleanup.

10. Member
    I use warm water, sometimes with a mixture of airbrush cleaner. You do need a kit of some sort that has the brushes, and also the cleaning tips. Soaking is your friend, along with a technique I saw on a site. He was using a damp sponge to help keep his tip clean. I think it was the Engineered Angler. Prevention is always the best route if possible, I’ve tried it, and it’s a help to me. Tips will eventually clog, but this seems to extend the spray time and keeping a good pattern.

I also use a Water Pik at times to help with the tip, and other areas that need flushed. I would be cautious though, as those pressures get up there. Could have a tip fly and surprise the dog, who may think that cat did it…………WWIII just started in your house, just because a cat has an airbrush tip stuck up it’s butt. So far, no issues with using it.

Ive tried various cleaners, but I won’t mention them here, as I’m not 100% sure they will do no harm to your brush. One word of caution when using alcohol. It will react with some paints, and cause a mess you want no part of. I’ve had some issues with Spaz Stix, black, when cleaning with alcohol, it clumped some on me. Other than that, I’ve had great luck with it, but I’ve not used alcohol on any of its colors again. Try some green over a black back, not a bass around could resist.

Tap water. I am lucky to have a slop sink in my garage, next to my spray area. I should make a vid as I have not needed to deep clean my brush in months.

12. Member
    You can get a set of airbrush cleaning brushes from Harbor Freight for $2.

Allen