Any South Dakota Pheasant Hunters on here?

Have a few questions as I have yet to visit SD but want to do so.

2. Member
    We have hunted in Winner SD and had birds everywhere. Winner is close to the Nebraska border. Everyone wanted $75-100 per gun to hunt their land. Not uncommon to have 30-50 birds in the air at one time when hunting the cattail slews on private land.

Hunted NE Montana and land owners were happy to let you hunt their land for free. Also a lot of private land you just sign in at a mailbox at the edge of a field and hunt. Land owners get paid by the state to let hunters hunt their land that’s why you sign in, name, address etc. Not as many pheasants but you also had Huns and Sharptails. We hunted near Antelope Montana which is 16 miles from ND and 13 miles from Saskatchewan.
    Last edited by Cover Dog; 11-14-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

Not SD but I’m currently in Iowa on a DIY public land hunt with my 1 year old lab Molly. Her first hunt and I couldn’t be more proud. Cou,d definitely use more guns. Tough to hunt solo, lot of birds either running or flushing out of range.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

Just got back from winner, SD. Limited everyday, had a blast, no pun intended.