Garage door width—Eyra

Trying to help out a friend—-can you back an Eyra through a 10’ wide roll up garage door.

I know it is too tight for my Jaguar, but a friend with a 10’ door is asking about storing an Eyra.

thanks,
    whitten

Based on this BCB thread https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...er-t32558.html the Eyra trailer width is 102” which will just a full width 10’ garage door. But, you should verify that the finished door opening isn’t smaller.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    None of the boats should be over 102", or 8'6" wide, that is the maximum allowed without being a wide load, requiring a permit to be on the road.

I used to have a garage with 9' doors, a challenge but doable. The key is having a straight shot in.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    None of the boats should be over 102", or 8'6" wide, that is the maximum allowed without being a wide load, requiring a permit to be on the road.

I used to have a garage with 9' doors, a challenge but doable. The key is having a straight shot in.
    100% correct. Any wider than 8'6", you need a wide load permit. I have also made it work with a 9' door. 10 would be a piece of cake on a straight in approach. On a 90 degree approach, it will be close.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwhitten View Post
    Trying to help out a friend—-can you back an Eyra through a 10’ wide roll up garage door.

I know it is too tight for my Jaguar, but a friend with a 10’ door is asking about storing an Eyra.

thanks,
    whitten
    I have 10ft doors and my Eyra goes through fine.

6. Member
    Two bays of my shop are 9' doors. I always keep the Eyra in the big side with a 20' door. I had to move it to the small bay while we had a party in the shop. Backing it in was tight, but easy enough. Getting it out was a different story

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Backing it in was tight, but easy enough. Getting it out was a different story
    Maybe you haven't had enough to drink when you're headed out. JK

8. Member
    Thanks all!
    10x10 Door works, but it is very tight. Would not want to do alone.
    if you are building, a 12x12 door is a MUCH BETTER OPTION.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwhitten View Post
    Thanks all!
    10x10 Door works, but it is very tight. Would not want to do alone.
    if you are building, a 12x12 door is a MUCH BETTER OPTION.
    You sure it is not a 9' wide door? A 10' door will give you 9" on each side. And yes, the wider the better.

10. Member
    Another thing to try when backing into a narrow door. Figure out how much clearance you need per side. Only look at driver side when backing in maintaining the needed clearance. If you have convex mirrors on the passenger side, that makes it even more difficult.