Thread: Bipod needed

Bipod needed

Looking for a Bipod. Would like to have pan and tilt features. Would prefer not to break the darn bank as ive seen some upward of 450.00 which to me is nuts.

Current setup is for Mloc but i guess I could adapt about anything.

Andddddd GO.

Thanks

Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Depends on the weight of the rifle. Harris typically will fit most needs and not break the bank, and an Atlas would be overkill for for a light weight hunting rifle.

https://www.harrisbipods.com/
    https://www.accu-shot.com/Atlas_Bipods.php

4. Member
    Everyone I knew always used Harris. They work well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XXXLTRP View Post
    Depends on the weight of the rifle. Harris typically will fit most needs and not break the bank, and an Atlas would be overkill for for a light weight hunting rifle.

https://www.harrisbipods.com/
    https://www.accu-shot.com/Atlas_Bipods.php
    Its not a light rifle and isnt built for hunting even though you could. Just would be a pain hauling it up a stand. My biggest thing is I want both tilt and pan.

I have got an atlas there are lots of options but basically to many options to talk about but pick you hight, and your mount style, and do you want the legs to spin inside or not.

i have a bt47 lw17 it is slightly longer than normal with being able to have the legs forward at 45* I feel i have all the elevations needed, Nd the lw17 is a quick detachment mount that goes to pic rail. I like that setup
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Its not a light rifle and isnt built for hunting even though you could. Just would be a pain hauling it up a stand. My biggest thing is I want both tilt and pan.
    That would probably put you in an Atlas. What rifle? caliber?

8. Member
    That would probably put you in an Atlas. What rifle? caliber?

Bolt AR10, 26" barrell, 6.5CM or I have a .308 barrel if I wanna shoot that.

Edit: I can get a descent deal on a Magpul. Just doesnt seem quite as robust but I guess if the price is right. Anyone have experience with Magpul bipods. I think it has tilt and pan

Edit: I can get a descent deal on a Magpul. Just doesnt seem quite as robust but I guess if the price is right. Anyone have experience with Magpul bipods. I think it has tilt and pan
    The magpul is not as solid as a harris, but is has pan and tilt. Its not as nice as the atlas, but half the price.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    The magpul is not as solid as a harris, but is has pan and tilt. Its not as nice as the atlas, but half the price.
    Yeah.. The atlas definitely seems to be the better unit. What I would really like is one from Accu-Tac. I think they have one called the beast but im not giving 450.00 for a bipod.

At least im not giving that today lol.

Atlas, expensive but buy once and it’ll last for years. I’ve heard Harris is good also for the price. I have an Atlas and it seems very well made but it should be for the price.
    Last edited by C130; 11-17-2022 at 08:17 AM.

12. Member

AR10 26" barrel 6.5 or 308 puts you in an Atlas in my opinion. I have an 20" AR10 in 308 and the Atlas is perfect. I move it between a few rifles. It is also robust enough for a 338 Lapua Mag. I've used a Harris on the same Ar10, it's a bit undersized for the weight and size of the rifle.

13. Member
    AR10 26" barrel 6.5 or 308 puts you in an Atlas in my opinion. I have an 20" AR10 in 308 and the Atlas is perfect. I move it between a few rifles. It is also robust enough for a 338 Lapua Mag. I've used a Harris on the same Ar10, it's a bit undersized for the weight and size of the rifle.
    Yeah im probably just gonna have to suck it up and go Atlas. Unless there are any other models out there I need to research.

14. Member
    Anyone used a VersaPod. Seems to have all the features im looking for. I just havent heard of them. Supposed to be all steel construction.

15. Member
    Also as im still looking at a couple Atlas bipods what does 51 degrees of preloaded pan / cant mean ? Does that mean you can pan and cant 15 degrees only. Which might be fine for me since ill be prone pretty much all the time.

Just not understanding

Thanks for the help

Yes 15* left and 15* right. That plenty. If it was more it would be problematic.

my brother just got a model with no pan/cant, i like the idea of that but have not had the opportunity to play with it. Id rather move the the legs on the ground i think. Will know more later
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Yes 15* left and 15* right. That plenty. If it was more it would be problematic.

my brother just got a model with no pan/cant, i like the idea of that but have not had the opportunity to play with it. Id rather move the the legs on the ground i think. Will know more later
    I would tend to agree provided the legs and infinite adjustability which I dont think any have. Really wouldnt be hard to fab something up though if its not available.