Phoenix 919 Sea Clear Power Needed?

I have a 2021 919 and am having livescope installed soon. The guy installing has recommended a sea clear power harness. With my boat already having the Integrated Wiring (I believe thats what its called) is there a need for a Sea Clear Harness?

Any advantage at all? I would like to not spend $450 if its not needed but I do want the best imaging possible.

I will be running a Garmin 106sv and a helix 10 at the bow and eventually just one helix 12 at the console.

2. Member
    I have a 22 919... had the integrated wiring running my 126sv with lvs34 and saw lots of voltage drop over a day and tournament, so much so that I would throw voltage warnings after about 4 hours. I upgraded to the seaclear because I'm too lazy to make my own harness, and now I do get marginally better images, but I don't throw voltage warnings or experience low voltage. To me it was worth it, I could have saved money, but I didn't honestly feel like it.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

3. Member
    Following with interest, one of the added bonuses of buying the 919 was the integrated wiring. I am planning on adding a Helix 12 an M360 to the bow. Everyone I have talked to so far has stated, there should be no issues, that is what the integrated wiring was designed for.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the integrated wiring will work for 4 graphs and forward facing sonar but keep in mind it still may require additional wiring , you still need to run independent 10g wire to the bow and the console from the fuse box, do not try and power more than one graph at the bow and console with the provided wiring and expect a perfect outcome, you can get by but you will see some voltage loss

I always use the integrated wiring in any Phoenix I setup but each gets some upgrades depending on the thing connected

in my own I have wiring connected to all 12 fuse connections so beside the extra 10g for the 4 graphs and active target I added an additional 6awg from the battery to the rod locker to power the fuse box
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

If your just running power to one livescope unit and a black box I feel confident you can order a custom wire harness and install it for far less than $450. Now if that $450 includes the harness and someone else doing the install of the head unit, black box and wire harness then I could see it being $450.

Sea Clear Power, The Bass Tank, Sonar Pros as well as a couple other places I can't remember make custom wire harness. I chose Sonar Pro because when I bought my Livescope they had a package deal that had the harness and a couple other things in the deal I purchased. Plus with Sonar Pro you can order your harness with Garmin plugs already solder and heat shrink with a weather tight connection. With other harnesses you will have to do some hardwiring and with Sonar Pro its as simple as plug and play. I done all my own install work. I don't have my unit on my cranking battery, mine is on a dedicated lithium battery in my drivers rod locker.

Some may say a harness is not necessary and I can't say that I disagree with that as a general statement but if you want max clear picture and max delivery of voltage then I can say they are necessary. Here is a picture of my set up and my Sonar Pro harness.

Last edited by JR19; 11-13-2022 at 09:08 PM.

6. Member
    If I am understanding correctly, 10G wire is connected to the fuse panel in the rod locker and run to the bow and connected to the new graph/FFS? If a graph is added to the console is it necessary to run 10G wire for that short run?

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    If I am understanding correctly, 10G wire is connected to the fuse panel in the rod locker and run to the bow and connected to the new graph/FFS? If a graph is added to the console is it necessary to run 10G wire for that short run?
    no less then 12g to the console per graph, if you have a PHX or Elite the fuse panel if further away is stay with the 10G
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 11-15-2022 at 07:36 AM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I ran individual pairs of #10 wire from a fuse panel near the batteries to my bow (2-HDS and active target). I also connected the console HDS to a pair of 10's here. All electronics are fused in one place. This panel is connected directly to the battery. And it was much cheaper than a harness.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

9. Member
    Seaclear is way way too expensive for what you get!!!!! I built my own and had less than $75 in everything.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Seaclear is way way too expensive for what you get!!!!! I built my own and had less than $75 in everything.
    👍