Champion Trailer Question

Hoping someone can answer this. I have a 1997 202 DCX Elite F/S.
    Will this boat fit on a trailer made for a 1994 190 DCX?

Thanks in advance!
    FIRE IN ALL THE HOLES!

2. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    That's a length difference of 1'2", so I doubt it...Unless it has adjustable bunks.

3. Member
    Thanks Lea. The winch stand is adjustable enough for length. The bunks however are not adjustable which prompted my question. After tons of reading articles and forum threads, I still can't figure out exactly when the hulls changed beam widths which I would assume changed the bottom profile of the hull. The trailer is a 4hr drive away so just running by to take a look is out of the question. :(
    FIRE IN ALL THE HOLES!

4. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Even if the beams were the same, a longer boat would need support in more forward/backward area, I would think. Especially since the longer boat is going to be heavier. (Wild speculation on my part! ) I'm hoping someone with actual experience with this issue will chime in!

5. Member
    The length of the bunks look close (ish). I'm hoping the added length of the boat is hanging in the wind.
    FIRE IN ALL THE HOLES!

6. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by burnindaylight View Post
    The length of the bunks look close (ish). I'm hoping the added length of the boat is hanging in the wind.
    With the weight of the motor hanging on it, too????? If you mean unsupported last part of boat hull…..Not what I would accept for my rig!

Reggie, Matt, others, how about chiming in here! This is above my pay grade! I don’t want to tell him wrong!
    Last edited by Lea; 11-14-2022 at 08:28 PM.

7. Member
    I would think no.

Tongue weight will more than likely be an issue because of the location of the axles on a shorter trailer and moving the wrench stand forward and will put your tow veh further in the water too.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!