Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    As many above have said, depth is critical to loading; however, do not rule out the possibility that the trailer was not made correctly. I bought a new boat (not a Skeeter) a few months ago and the trailer came like this

6235F8BC-B487-4096-8ABC-6EFEF1333F39.jpeg

2. Member
    How did you ever straighten that out?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RDOCK View Post
    How did you ever straighten that out?
    Right back to the dealer to let them fix it I would hope.

4. Member
    Yes, back to the dealer. They repositioned the bunk by shimming it up. Probably not the best way to fix it, but the manufacturer approved the repair. It solved my loading problem.

5. Member
    I agree with center bunk boards out of the water just a bit, I come in with motor trimmed up to where you would be trimmed if running WOT. Once the boat hits the front bunks and settles in there, I goose the hot foot to push it home and you're done. The motor trimmed up brings the bow up just enough when you mash the hot foot that it will slide home easier. At least that's what works for me. 2014 21i series, w/ EZ loader

I had this problem with my second Skeeter (92 SX150). I added 2 inside bunks and it fixed it. Also, adjusting your bunks can help too.

7. Member
    the key to loading is how much trailer to put in the water an how steep the ramp is it is not that hard to figure out.

8. Member
    Never a problem with 2018 ZX 250 till yesterday and normal sweet spot did not work at a much steeper ramp and nosed under the roller. Then the fight was on. I won but it was not easy and ended up a little wet positioning boat over deep set trailer. I will give that ramp one more try with the suggestions above and see if I can find a second sweet spot for deep ramp when I have the grandson to help.

9. Member
    Trailer too deep.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    Never a problem with 2018 ZX 250 till yesterday and normal sweet spot did not work at a much steeper ramp and nosed under the roller. Then the fight was on. I won but it was not easy and ended up a little wet positioning boat over deep set trailer. I will give that ramp one more try with the suggestions above and see if I can find a second sweet spot for deep ramp when I have the grandson to help.
    If your nose ever goes under the roller, the trailer is too deep.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyKiller View Post
    If your nose ever goes under the roller, the trailer is too deep.
    The deeper the ramp the more front bunks you want out of the water.

It doesn't matter what tips or tricks you try. Loading a Skeeter will not be as easy as loading a Ranger (I have had 2). It's almost impossible to mess up loading a Ranger. They will literally center themselves if you give them a second. It doesn't matter how steep the ramp is, or if it's even level. A Ranger is going to load straight every time. Loading a Skeeter takes a minute. If you have a cross wind, you better grab a Snickers. I have had my Skeeter for almost 8 years. I still miss the roller once in a while. The worst part, is that sometimes I can't tell I missed the roller until I go to hook the winch. Yes, I have tried all of the above mentioned tips/tricks. The bottom line, is that it doesn't matter. The boat will not center itself, like a Ranger. It's just another quirk that you have to get used to...like the Skeeter porpoise.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

13. Member
    ???? I don't get it. It is the easiest boat to get on the trailer. Really like all bass boats. My second Skeeter, my first was in 1985. If your having problems your trailer is too deep. The bow goes under the roller and it sometimes will not center. I think any boat that tries to load on a too deep trailer will not meet the bunks and have a hard time centering. I watched a guy take 30 mins to center his Ranger last fall. Yep he was too deep.

Another tip a boat does not center well with the trolling motor deployed. Lol yeah I even tried that.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

14. Member
    My Skeeter trailer is the easiest I have ever owned -boat goes on perfect 99 out of 100 times - get the right depth on bunks and it’s perfect every time -Zx195C dual axle Skeeter trailer .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12