Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Loading SKEETER on trailer HORRIBLE!

Trying to get my SKEETER on the trailer is a nite mare. If you don't hit the target perfectly it's never on center or if the trailer isn't perfectly level the boat goes on crooked. The EZ loader trailer SUCKS. My friend has a Ranger trailer and has none of thess problems. His seems to load very easy all of the time even if the trailer is a little uneven. Any body else have a problem putting the boat on the trailer?

2. Member
    Not had a problem. You might not have found the sweet spot on how deep the trailer needs to be in the water for loading.

3. Member
    You probably have the trailer in too deep.

I concur with the others

The EZ loader is fine as long as you find your sweet spot

Mine is an older model and as soon as the diamond plate on top of the fender touches the water that is my sweet spot less than 3 inches deeper or shallower and I have issues
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    I have an older boat with a newer ez loader. I am pretty new at it all yet, and fish alone usually and I can’t say I have had an issue. I load on some deep and shallow ramps. Only issue I had was managing the last foot where the bow goes up the roller. But a new winch resolved that. I started with advice I read here in other Skeeter threads. I dip the trailer back until all bunks are submerged to wet them, then most ramps I pull forward till I have about 3-4 inches of my middle bunks out of the water. It coasts on easy and I winch the last foot. I have a few lakes where power loading is a no no.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Too deep in the water. A bunk trailer will load dead in the center every time if you just keep it shallow enough.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Derek McCullough
    I've owned 5 Skeeters, 3 of which were EZ load and I never had an issue, sounds like you are backing it in way too deep.

8. Member
    Every launch is different and sometimes the water level differs in time , but when going to reload the 2 center boards leave sticking out of the water about a foot will help you out guide her on then put the power to her to guide rest of way. in time you will get the hang to it.

If your trailer has the cutout Skeeter logos in front of fenders I have figured out that if I split the two Es in the water on the logo that it loads incredibly easy on almost every ramp. I have always felt like all of Skeeters loaded on trailer pretty easily.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pajoe329 View Post
    Every launch is different and sometimes the water level differs in time , but when going to reload the 2 center boards leave sticking out of the water about a foot will help you out guide her on then put the power to her to guide rest of way. in time you will get the hang to it.
    This^^^^
    Center boards about a foot out of water works for me and noticed I have issues when the center boards are any further in or out of water

11. Member
    I had a 2007 20i with the EZloader and it was breeze to load. As long as it wasn't under water completely it was good. I have 2018 ZX225 now and I have found it is not as forgiving. It definitely has a sweet spot!
    2018 Skeeter ZX225
    2018 Yamaha 225 SHO

12. Scraps
    Took me a looong time, and I'm not a 100% yet, to get used to my MarineMaster loading. I never remember haivng such a tough time with my old RangerTrail. Now I do have GatorBaks now and they are a bit "sticky". I use a couple different grade ramps and have gotten more used to gauging the height of the winch stand as the be all criteria for proper trailer depth.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

13. Member
    Most of the places I launch do not have ramps. The trailer is not even on both sides. It's usually tipped a little to one side or the other depending on the bottom of the lake or river that the trailer is in.

Quote Originally Posted by RDOCK View Post
    Most of the places I launch do not have ramps. The trailer is not even on both sides. It's usually tipped a little to one side or the other depending on the bottom of the lake or river that the trailer is in.
    Not knowing your sweet spot and the ramps your using I would imagine you’re having plenty of issues

But I wouldn’t blame the trailer for any of it

You need to figure out the sweet spot so when you are at the un-improved ramp you can adjust the depth of the trailer to try and split the difference giving you the best chance at loading without issues
    "The handicapped angler"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    If your trailer has the cutout Skeeter logos in front of fenders I have figured out that if I split the two Es in the water on the logo that it loads incredibly easy on almost every ramp. I have always felt like all of Skeeters loaded on trailer pretty easily.
    This works!
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

16. Member
    I'll have to try some of these different loading suggestions. I have been doing the same thing at each place. I back the trailer in until the tops of the fenders just stick out of the water. Maybe that's to deep!

17. Member
    depending on the angle of the ramp the depth will be different back it in get the boards wet pull it out an drive it on its not that hard.

18. Member
    ARE YOU SPLITTING THE 2 EEs THAT ARE TOGETHER OR SEPERATED BY THE T?

19. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by RDOCK View Post
    This may be the bigger issue. Try to get the trailer as level as can be across the width. I've had an experience or two trying to load with the trailer at different levels either side. If you've got a backup camera take a peek before you get out.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

20. Member
    I launch in a pit quite often and there is no having the trailer level for loading or unloading at that spot. The only way I have issues is if to deep. From your statement above of having the fenders just out of the water it sounds like you are to deep. Mark said it best try to split the two EE's on the skeeter cutout with the waterline. If trailer is cross level I try to have one set of EE's exposed and the other set submerged or split. Once the boat is on and straight if it won't come up all the way I just hook the bow strap and then back in a little further. If you can get it on straight even in your to shallow to get it pushed up all the way you can always back in a little more. You should be able to tell by your back bunks if you are to shallow to even get the boat started on. Where I am at we have some supper flat and shallow ramps right now with our water being down. I have had it where the front of my truck is in the water to get deep enough but the EE's are still as Mark described above. Some of those places the issues are more getting off than on. I;ve alwasys found getting off my trailer is deeper than putting on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast