Cx 20 storage length

Doing some preliminary research on possible boats as I have the new boat itch.

Can a current CX 20 owner give me the real world minimum storage length, tounge swung, motor tucked? Website says 24’. Curious how accurate that number is. I have 23’6” to work with straight in.

2. Member
    i THINK I MEASURED IT AT 23'10 INCHES, but i will double check tomorrow and let you know.

I never measured my boat, but my building is 23’ 8”. I have to angle my boat, no way I could make it work straight back. Luckily it’s easy for me to park. My building is just for my boat. Kinda like how it looks angled in there. Lol
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreese View Post
    Doing some preliminary research on possible boats as I have the new boat itch.

Can a current CX 20 owner give me the real world minimum storage length, tounge swung, motor tucked? Website says 24’. Curious how accurate that number is. I have 23’6” to work with straight in.
    With my Merc trimmed down and tongue swung around its 23'10"

5. Member
    Thank you! Looks like it’s a hair too long.

You can turn the motor for a little more clearance or you could maybe do like I did and add a dog house to the back of the garage for the motor. My garage has an inside depth of 20' 11" and I have a 20' 4" BCB Cougar stored straight in with the addition of the dog house. Of course, if you have a living room or master bedroom sharing the back wall of the garage, the wife may not go for it.
    Last edited by Macsimus; 11-13-2022 at 02:48 PM.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

7. Member
    Turning the motor gains how much? Probably not more than an inch or 2 right? As for the wall back there, it divides the laundry room and garage, don’t think that’s an option. Thanks for all the input!

8. Member
    I feel for you man. I’m in the same boat. (No pun intended) I have the biggest boat I can fit in my garage, can’t go any bigger unless I build a bigger storage building.

9. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    In my previous home we did what Macsimus mentioned. I added a 3'x3' bump out straight out the center of my garage. As there was not anything shared and this was the back it simply resembled a fireplace without the chimney. Poured the extra slab and removed the wall studs allowing for the space. 2x4 framing and matching vinyl exterior and sloped shingle roof matched rest of the house. Was able to back straight in leaving a few inches on either side of the motor. You could go a hair bigger if necessary depending on your backing abilities.

10. Member
    I bought the cx19 for the storage issue. It fishes like a 20 footer.