Productive Day, working on a few upgrades...

Since Nicole has pretty much cancelled my long weekend plans, figure I would get going on some projects... Got the Ionics and battery trays installed, which oddly enough was a bit more difficult than I expected it to be. Has laid it all out outside the bilge to make sure my cable runs would work and such. Then I installed the trays, trying to use as many existing holes as I could. Turns out, the Ionic 125 is larger on the top than the base, and I had the tray too close the the back bulkhead :(. Had to pull it and re-drill a new set of holes a bit forward.

Installed a remote drain plug, and also got the replacement thru hull transducer installed - letting it cure overnight. Then I can put the charger tray/mount back in and mount a new 460PCL. I'm replacing the old 440PC that had the broken mounting tabs that I had jury-rigged with velcro and zip ties :).

Pumps are all cleaned up, got one re-installed, going to do the other one tomorrow - moving it over to the other side as previously discussed. Then I can run the new hoses. Also got the Hydrilla Gear flip brackets mounted for the poles... Had looked at them before but due cost I decided against them. But after busting out a garage door window and getting them wedged under the garage door twice now, I decided to go ahead and pick up a set. Pretty happy with them so far, makes getting in an out no problem - never have to worry about forgetting to lower going in (or out) and worrying about did I back up far enough before raising, etc. Probably a splurge item, but I'm happy with them so far.

Also installed the braces on the PP mounts for the SlideMaster... I know PP says they are optional for 8ft'ers, but with the flip brackets and also the R&R ladder, they sure to make the brackets more solid. Before even without the added items the non-braced brackets moved around a bit too much for my liking...

Anyway, getting there... tomorrow after epoxy is cured I'll drill for the pp pump new location and get it installed, run the ducer cable, and work on seeing if I can get it to the units without completly tearing my dual mount apart. Then get the remaining bilge wiring and pp tubing run sorted out too.

Oh and I installed a NEMA Water Sensor too, woohoo :).

It's funny, and the end of the day it didn't seem like I accomplished as much as I hoped to do, but typing it all out it was quite a bit lol.

2. Member
    Sounds like good day but a lot of work good job

3. Member
    With all you have done the last what 2-3 months you damn near have a new boat. You will have to relearn how to fish lol.

Got all the wiring cleaned up, got the transducer cable run up front, was not as bad as I expected. I was able to go through the access panel under the console and pull the old transducer wire back into the console and feed the new one up and out the hole in the BBT plate. So the old cable is just loose in the console bay for now, will pull it next time I have the dual setup torn down. Both PP pumps are now mounted and wired. Only thing left is installing the maint kit for the poles and running the tubing. Decided to wait until tomorrow - there's no rush now. If I could have finished everything Sat I would have put it on the water Sunday but I just ran out to time. So no rush now as long as done by upcoming weekend, have a club T. Sat.

Although, not really happy with the wiring... I had bought one of those Blue Sea 12 circuit fuse panels, but it's overkill really so decide not to use it. But I would like to clean up the battery connections some. May look at the 6 circuit version, or one of those battery post mounted versions mentioned in this thread...

Also haven't decided whether to keep the Tournament Saver Pro... removing it would mean one less large lug connection on both pos and neg... But I just installed the damn thing what...two months ago. While now connected to a 50ah lithium instead of an AGM Trolling battery, I don't think it will jump the cranking battery unless I hold the button down for x no of minutes based on the "will a 50ah jump start a cranking battery" thread. Not sure how often I can expect to need to jump a 125ah lithium though really. I actually had decided to pull it, but since I drilled that dang hole for the switch on the switch panel I don't want to pull it unless I can find something else to put there.

Andy at Drewcraft did say it could be useful to wake up a battery out of sleep mode if it ever drained completely down off the water for whatever reason. I guess I could leave it in for that purpose alone...

5. Member
    "Andy at Drewcraft did say it could be useful to wake up a battery out of sleep mode"

Great advice from Andy, but I found an easier way to wake one up. Just cycle your charger through the different modes. That's the only thing that worked for me, even after trying to jumper to an AGM battery to "fool" the charger.

Quote Originally Posted by 84rickygreen View Post
    "Andy at Drewcraft did say it could be useful to wake up a battery out of sleep mode"

Great advice from Andy, but I found an easier way to wake one up. Just cycle your charger through the different modes. That's the only thing that worked for me, even after trying to jumper to an AGM battery to "fool" the charger.
    Good tip, will remember. I decided to go ahead an pull it out, figured it would just be dead weight taking up space. Prob put it in the classifieds I guess.
    Just have to find a use now for that dang 5/8" hole I had drilled in the switch panel for the button

I thought about maybe a switch for the AT but I've already got one at the bow now. Maybe some deck lights, I've been thinking about adding those.

Picked up a Blue Sea bus bar for the negative wiring... So have all the boat panel/accy and PP pump grounds running off it, and the motor/electronics switch/charging leads on the battery post.

Got the PRO II's pulled off/out and the new Blades installed this weekend. This cold weather is giving me plenty of time to work on boat... but should warm back up a bit for this upcoming weekend and I am itching to get back on the water...

Only thing is my Motor Trim is acting a bit different with the Lithium than with the AGM. Seems to run a bit and stop.. if I wait a few seconds it will work again normally. TBH it was doing this before, but it's more exaggerated now it seems to me. This is a driveway deal, it has always worked fine/normally on the water/under power. May need to get the trim motor looked at I guess and get it sorted out.

Finished up some bits today, will be on the water this weekend trying everything out. Got the Livewell thruhull temp sensor installed and configured, got the Live Foot all ready to go other than stomp buttons - still mulling over where to mount them. Tested bilge/remote drain plug, and got most of my gear loaded back in and ready to go tomorrow!

Still waiting on cooler and glove box upgrade parts from Skeeter, it's been 3 weeks hopefully they show up soon.

I did find a small (drip drip drip type) leak coming from one of the livewell overflows, not sure if my overflow plug was leaking (had filled up the LV testing the seal on the temp sensor) or if the fitting is leaking down at the bilge/transom area (also filled it up testing the remote drain plug seal). Will check again on the water.