Question Polarized Sunglasses

My question is which Lens Color is best for fishing Lake Fork and other semi clear Texas lakes.
    I've heard that the green mirror in Costa's Are the best. Can anyone with experience in this area, please
    chime in on this question?

Don't mean to chime in lacking experience in the area you're asking about, but I do have a lot of experience with Costa lens colors and have used them in water that ranges from crystal clear to muddy, with tannic colored water mixed in as well. Confirming what you've heard, the green mirror along with the copper silver mirror are the two best all-around options for anglers, in my opinion. They tend to brighten things up in lower light conditions, but also have enough tint to work like you'd want on a sunny day. Regarding brightening things up, I think they also tend to add a lot of contrast which is very useful for sight fishing or seeing things underwater, and that's evident even in full sun. Tough to explain, though you'll see it right away when wearing them. Green mirror is very slightly darker, but it's only noticeable if you're comparing them back and forth at the same time.

The plan copper (no silver mirror) are brighter, and I think a little too bright for sunny days. Any of the "sunrise" or amber colors are really only good for low-light conditions, and the blue mirror are targeted toward the brightest sunny conditions like offshore fishing on the ocean. The gray lenses are similar to the green mirror and copper silver mirror in terms of light transmission, but they don't accentuate contrast the same way so in my opinion aren't as great for seeing into the water.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I have a pair of Costas with copper/silver poly lenses and these are very good...still Maui Jim is better IMO, although I had glass lenses with the MJs.

580g glass lenses are far superior to the 580p poly lenses with Costas in clarity, scratch resistance, etc. so I don't think comparing poly Costa lenses to glass Maui Jim is apples to apples. The downsides with glass are safety with tungsten flying around, and that they're a little heavier.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    580g glass lenses are far superior to the 580p poly lenses with Costas in clarity, scratch resistance, etc. so I don't think comparing poly Costa lenses to glass Maui Jim is apples to apples. The downsides with glass are safety with tungsten flying around, and that they're a little heavier.
    Good to know, the Mauis I had were very light, but a flimsy and weak titanium frame...broke the original and the warranty replacement just wearing them daily on the water.

6. Member
    I think weather is a bigger factor than individual lake clarity. I typically carry costas in sunrise silver mirror for low light, green for all around, and blue for super bright days. Find myself wearing green most of the time.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package