Mercury Smartcraft harness on the helm.

• Does anyone have a photo of what that plug looks like under the helm? I want to hook my Garmin to my Mercury motor and I'm trying to figure out if my boat had the harness ran from the factory. all my gauges are standard but I've read that some boats have that ran to the helm.

2. Member
    More to this than a cable, you need an existing functional Smartcraft network too.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

3. Member
    Yeah, I know.

It's expensive. You'll have to drop about $800 on just the hardware. You'll need a Nmea backbone starter kit, the NMea 2k Mercury gateway, a Nmea cable to go from the backbone to your graph, and a 4way mercury junction box. That's all if you have the later 14 pin harness to plug into the Junction box.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Don't buy the gateway... you'll want to go the Smartcraft CONNECT route (gateway is slated for obsolescence and being replaced by Smartcraft CONNECT).

J-boxes have changed to 5 gang now (stackable)... and are actually less expensive than the 4-gang.

See Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum. She can assist you with everything you'll need, including special BBC member pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Don't buy the gateway... you'll want to go the Smartcraft CONNECT route (gateway is slated for obsolescence and being replaced by Smartcraft CONNECT).

J-boxes have changed to 5 gang now (stackable)... and are actually less expensive than the 4-gang.

See Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum. She can assist you with everything you'll need, including special BBC member pricing.
    yeah Smartcraft is what I said in the og post ( I think). I already have the NMEA ran to my Garmins and Networked which from what Iv'e read the Networking doesn't matter but the NMEA does.I went with VV mobile already and although I can get all the Engine info( oil pressure, fault codes....) its a pain in the butt, I will get in touch with Ronda. TKS for the info.