Deck Drain Crack(s)

Noticed small cracks around middle floor drain on 2021 Z19. Really not losing sleep over it, wondering if I should be concerned to the point of getting it repaired? The floor feels solid. Thoughts?

Deck Drain.jpg
    Last edited by Jboutfishn; 11-10-2022 at 10:58 PM.
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro

2. Member
    My guess is, that those are cracks in the gelcoat that are results of how they created that hole. I am guessing that they used a hole saw to make that hole and those are superficial cracks that were created by chipping gelcoat from the hole saw. Orrrrr they are from the screws.....since they are symmetrically formed around the hole in the same proximity from each of the screws.
    That being said, I would check into what your warranty (I am assuming that you are owner #1?) says about gelcoat cracking. I am OCD and that would bother me.

Imagine that is pretty common, Don't think warranty would cover it especially on a 2021
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Agree with above. Superficial gelcoat cracks and nothing to be worried about. You could easily do a simple repair on this yourself. BoatUS has a great primer video on how to do this type of repair. .
    Best - Dave
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

5. Member
    Unfortunately you can't get under the mat to see how far they go. I would Let your dealer know about it, so it can be documented. Keep the email on file for future reference.

6. Member
    Thanks for all the input!
    Jim
    Old Guy
    2021 Z19 Pro