seeking throw away parts / barrels

If anyone has anything such as a shot out barrel or hand guard etc that is shot and will be thrown away please let me know. Im looking to get back into coating and hydro dipping and would prefer to do some experiments on crap vs stuff thats good. Barrel would let me see what I could do on my lathe without worry of screwing up a good barrell. Would also like to try some machine turn finishing on bolts / barrels etc just for learning.

I know its a long shot but figured I would check. Ill gladly pay shipping and time / trouble.

Ive got a buddy at a gun shop hunting for me but even that is a long shot.

Many thanks.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Threw a barrel away last year, no clue anyone would have had a use for it.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Threw a barrel away last year, no clue anyone would have had a use for it.
    Its an odd request. But you never know what someone has hanging out in the closet.

4. Member
    I'd reach out to as many gunsmiths as you can find.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    I'd reach out to as many gunsmiths as you can find.
    Yeah i have a gun store on the lookout. I however dont know any gun smiths. Ill have to see if my guy at the store knows any.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Yeah i have a gun store on the lookout. I however dont know any gun smiths. Ill have to see if my guy at the store knows any.
    Google shows a few gunsmiths in your area like Hook and Bullet, Ole G's, and 95 Bravo Arms. Another avenue is to ask around for shops that make barrels. Some manufacturer's outsource their barrel making to small independent shops that could be right down the street from you. A certain percentage of barrels won't pass QC and you might be able to get your hands on some rejects

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Google shows a few gunsmiths in your area like Hook and Bullet, Ole G's, and 95 Bravo Arms. Another avenue is to ask around for shops that make barrels. Some manufacturer's outsource their barrel making to small independent shops that could be right down the street from you. A certain percentage of barrels won't pass QC and you might be able to get your hands on some rejects
    Good call... Ill have to check into that