2003 VMAX Carb - AGM Battery?

Will my V150TLRB be able to use one of the X2 Power AGM dual purpose batteries? I'm looking for a starting battery that will power my two Helix units and livewells through a tournament. I currently have a cheapo lead acid battery and I'm reading conflicting reports on whether these batteries or AGM batteries in general will work with this motor's charging system.

2. Member
    My guess is yes, you would be fine. I've got a year 2000 200HP VMAX. Been running a sealed flooded Group 24 AC Delco battery for 20+ years and I never had a problem. Can't remember if it was the original battery or not when I bought my boat new?? I think I went thru 3 of them is my guess? Always kept buying the same one since it lasted so long. I knew it was time to replace when my graphs would start shutting down while fishing. But it would always start my motor and never left me stranded. So I would think the battery you're referencing is much more of a battery than my AC Delco was. I wouldn't have a problem running it, if it were me!
    Lastly, I don't know if it's in your budget or not, but I run a 125ah lithium Ionics battery now. 2 helix 7's and a Lowrance 12". I can run my electronics all day with minimal running time on the big motor and still be sitting at 93 to 95% battery life per the blue-tooth app.