99 Mercury 200 EFI Oil Tanks?

I apologize for such a novice question. I have a 99 Mercury 200 EFI 0G803451 on my 99 Ranger. I'm getting it ready to take it out the 1st time since I got it. I use to have the same motor on a older Champ, but the oil system was gone and I just ran premix. I understand what the bigger tank in my boat does, but I'm little confused on the smaller tank mounted on the engine. Do I just fill both up everytime I take the boat out? or does the larger tank replenish the smaller one. What alarm beep am I looking for if the oiler quits working? Is there a minimum level that the tanks should never get below? Thanks for the knowledge

2. Member
    The motor tank should always be full and is replenished by the boat tank. You should fill the boat tank up to 80% full, best not to totally fill it as it needs some air in it function best and it keeps oil from backing up in to the air pressure line. Also best to fill it up before it gets below 20% empty. There is an alarm for the motor tank level, and an alarm for the oiler gear rotation. I “think” the oil tank fill is a four beeps and pause then four beeps on and on. Oiler alarm should be a continuous beeeeeeeeep. Critical alarm, usually best to shut down to figure out what is wrong.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    Thanks you sir