Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator

Thinking of buying a 2015 21 TRX/250 Pro XS

Good after noon all!!! I am in the process of upgrading boats. Have found a nice 21 TRX with low hours. I have been a Ranger owner for several years. My current 2004 Ranger 521 is serving/has served me well. Looking to upgrade to something a little newer.

With that said a couple of questions.

For those that own this model are you happy with it?

Any quirks I should know about?

I have researched/read alot recently on the performance. Seems posted speeds etc are all over the place. I'm not after a speed boat (remember I'm a Ranger owner ). I don't carry a ton of tackle. But I would like for next boat to rub in the 72 to 74 range when the wells are full and my partner and I are tournament loaded. Still be light by most peoples standards. Is this goal in this ride obtainable?

Thanks in advance for any input!!!

Chris

2. Member
    I have a 2017 21 TRX and I’d say you should have no issue running in that range. With a fresh prop mine runs 72/73 tournament loaded and I’ve seen up to 76 by myself. My prop needs to be cleaned up/reworked now, but my boat still runs right at 70 tournament loaded with two guys. Overall it’s a great boat. Holeshot isn’t bad, midrange is a little slow (especially with a full tank of gas), and top end is good for such a big boat. It rides great, fishes great, and has great storage.

3. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jdskeeter View Post
    I have a 2017 21 TRX and I’d say you should have no issue running in that range. With a fresh prop mine runs 72/73 tournament loaded and I’ve seen up to 76 by myself. My prop needs to be cleaned up/reworked now, but my boat still runs right at 70 tournament loaded with two guys. Overall it’s a great boat. Holeshot isn’t bad, midrange is a little slow (especially with a full tank of gas), and top end is good for such a big boat. It rides great, fishes great, and has great storage.
    Thank you for the reply. The boat I'm looking at isn't too far from you (Marine Works).

4. Member
    That’s a good looking boat. I don’t know the guy who owned it but pretty sure it was someone here local, I’ve seen it around a handful of times. Looks like a clean, well kept boat.

5. Member
    Hey Rude520. I have been in a BC Cougar for the last 6 years, just sold it and bought a 20 TRX last week. The Triton won't run with the Cat but IMO it rides better and I really like the layout, features and front deck width plus the single gas tank. I've had three older TR's back in the late 90's early 00's but I really like this one the best.That's a good looking one at Marine Works and similar to my color scheme. Good Luck.
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

6. Member
    I have a 2017 TRX 21. I really like it. I have a heavy load and I'm not a small guy. 3/4 tank of gas, wells full and 2 guys over 300lbs and I get high 68-69. I am playing with different props and still trying to get more out of it.
    They handle big water and waves 3.5' without any issues. Very easy to drive and stable.
    2017 Triton 21TrX Elite
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Ultrex 112, Mega 360 w/ Helix 10 Di Si Meg+
    Garmin Livescope + on an Ultra 122SV at the bow.
    Garmin Ultra 122SV and Ultra 126SV at the Helm

7. Member
    Hey Rude. Did you get it?
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums (4)
    Garmin 126/126/1222 & Solix 15

8. Member
    I’ve got 2017 20TRX Patriot.. love it .. dry ride tons of storage ..
    I don’t run top speed but had it to 74 , rides like glass…

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

9. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by dswindall View Post
    Hey Rude. Did you get it?
    I haven’t even made it over to the dealership yet. Work is getting in the way. I’m hoping to get over and look at it and see what we can work out first of this week.