Chick - Early December?

Hey Guys,

I will be in Nashville for a few days the first weekend in December (I live in Mass). I was thinking about extending my trip for 2-3 days and hiring a guide on Chick. I will probably go with Billy Wheat since many have suggested him and he seems available the dates I want to fish. Now to my question. I have never been to or fished in TN before. What is the fishing on Chick like in early December? I'm not expecting giants, but would like some action to make extending my stay worthwhile. Maybe a decent shot at a nice fish or two. Is Chick in early December worth it? Should I consider another lake? I'm open to driving 2-3 hours from Nashville if needed.

Thanks fellas!

2. Member
    Billy Wheat truly is the best guide. I've fished chic multiple times with him and we've always had a blast! I haven't fished in December yet so I'm not sure on what to expect. The lake drops drastically in the winter time so I'd definitely go with a guide. To me chic is the lake best in TN at the moment. Most likely to hit the home run on a big fish imo.

3. Member
    I'm not sure how the fishing will be the first part of December but definitely be prepared for any kind of weather conditions. I have seen sunny t-shirt weather one day and cold, raining, and windy the next day with highs in the 30's.

4. Member
    Highly reccommend Billy Joe Wheat, he is a good guy and a good guide. Weather can be a wild card.