Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

Looking for a budget scope

Shot the reticle out of my Nikon I guess because it’s all over the place at sub 50 yards. Like 8” groups. I know it’s not me and need to replace this scope. Trying to find something on a budget as this is a youth model weapon that gets used for the kiddos during optimum hunting conditions. Trying to stay sub $250 in a 3x9 with 40mm 1” tube

2. Member
    I would go with a vortex in that range. They have kind of replaced Nikon as that less than leupold money scope that does not suck.

The Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 is also a good option in that price range.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

4. Member
    Vortex Diamondback scopes are pretty good and should be in your price range.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Cool guys. Was looking at vortex diamond back. Are the budget Leopold’s worth it?

6. Member
    I just read the original post again. If you have not thoroughly checked the mounts out I would check that out. Make sure everything is tight and the scope is not slipping in the rings. Probably not it but it is worth checking.

7. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I just read the original post again. If you have not thoroughly checked the mounts out I would check that out. Make sure everything is tight and the scope is not slipping in the rings. Probably not it but it is worth checking.
    rings were lapped and it has liquid electric tape stuff applied. Scope is solid. It’s either my reticle is toast or I have a burnt up barrel, shot maybe 250 rounds through it so I don’t think barrel is washed yet

Look hard at the Sig W3 and Burris Droptine.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Look hard at the Sig W3 and Burris Droptine.

Ill check em out

Hard to beat Sigs offerings for the money right now.

11. Member
    Vortex has an awesome warranty ....

I've enjoyed my Vortex

13. mikesxpress
    Hawke optics has a great line of lifetime warranty scopes.

14. Member
    Leupold are very good except the lowest cost one.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

15. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I’m leaning on the vortex, the sig looks nice too

16. Member
    Well if you want to go higher on the magnification Arken 4x16. I kept hearing about how great they are for the price so i picked one up. Im VERY impressed for the price. I hope they get into the lower magnification stuff soon. The SH version isnt even their high end version which uses Japanese glass. How it could be that much better I dont know but for only 100.00 more ill be finding out eventually. Problem now is they are always sold out. I have this Arken side by side with a Vortex Strike Eagle and if you didnt tell me I would easily say they are of the same quality and the Vortex is I think around 1k.

Of course I havent really started beating on them either. This is just first impressions being in the hand and messing with turrets etc.

There are a BUNCH of youtube reviews and I have yet to find many complaints. https://www.arkenopticsusa.com/sh4-g...mm-ffp-mil-vpr

Their rings/mounts are so so. AT least the one I got I thought was just so so. Had some surface blemishes in the rings that I had to stone down before putting the scope in and putting the caps on. For what ill be using this rifle for they will be fine. Will probably be great if I lap them in.

Just my .02.

Anyways ask any questions if you want me to check something on it. But really youtube will probably answer any question you will want.

I just bought one of the cheapest Sig Sauer scopes. Think I paid $120 or something like that at BPS for it. It is the Buckmaster line. wouldnt say its the best but for a cheap scope its pretty nice. It was the 3x12x44 has a throw lever and comes with scope caps also.
    Not going to say it will compeate with my Leupold VX6 by any means but it is jsut as nice as my Vortex I have on my 243 and is just as clear and has a nicer reticle.
    Arken like has been mentioned i have heard a lot of good things about also.
    Maven is also another that i have seen that gets some good review.
    Just depends a lot on what you want to spend. Thats the biggest thing with optics. Its pretty easy to drop some big coin on optics and no more than I use them thats just really hard for me to do. If i hadnt gotten the Leupold VX6 from a good friend as a gift I wouldnt have it. I just cant justify that kind of cost for a scope that I use maybe 2-3 times a year.

Check out Primary Arms. Their optics are pretty solid for the price. I have one of the cheapie red dots and it's still going strong 7 years later. Scopes seem to have great reviews and I'm thinking about throwing one on my 700.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 481VSangler View Post
    Check out Primary Arms. Their optics are pretty solid for the price. I have one of the cheapie red dots and it's still going strong 7 years later. Scopes seem to have great reviews and I'm thinking about throwing one on my 700.
    This is a good suggestion. I have a few of their products and although they are chinese the company makes sure the quality is good and they stand behind them.

I've found Mueller to be a decent product for the money. It's worth checking out, but yes, Vortex is very popular today.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast