Thread: Stockton Lake

Stockton Lake

Anybody ever fish a tournament at Stockton? We are looking to have a club tounament there with about 20 boats. What is a good ramp to use and where is a good place to stay?

2. Banned
    State Park works well for most.

3. Member
    Our club stays over at the Cabins at Stockton and then launch using the ramp off of RB past Orleans Trail for take off.

4. Member
    I would recommend Owl Haven Inn. They have good rooms (some are kitchenette multi room units) and plenty of boat parking with plugins. It is just up the hill from the RB boat ramp. The Boat House is a pretty good place to eat.
    2021 Skeeter ZXR-21 with 250 Yamaha SHO, Pro II Power Poles, Atlas Hydro Jack Plate

5. Banned
    I just like the location of State Park better. Easy access to both arms of the lake. We always stayed at Mt Carmel Inn which is Super Close to the ramp. The town of Stockton is not too far.

9CC2F656-1A30-4A9F-9E92-92B5CA6E3F75.jpeg

D4F5946B-1170-495B-85EB-842CDC2D7AAD.jpeg

State park is pretty nice area and central.
    My family used to camp a lot at Cedar Ridge so launched out of there a bunch too. And Masters area.
    Cedar Ridge has a nice ramp and quite a bit of trailer parking also.

7. Member
    STRETCH1 sorry I am kind of late here. Stockton is my main lake. If you want ramps with good parking and not lots of local rigs on the lot you may want to consider Orleans Trail South or Hawker Point. They are both far enough off the main highways that locals normally avoid them. The three with the most traffic are Rouark Bluff, Cedar Ridge, and Hartley.

8. Member
    Oops, wrong lake. Owl Haven is a good place to stay and yes, the state park is a good launch point.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

9. Member
    Mainly looking for a great place to stay with easy trailer parking and nice rooms, does not have to be expensive. Also looking for a good ramp with easy parking.

10. Member
    Mt. Carmel is a good sized motel with a decent amount of parking. It is close to Stockton State Park for mid lake access to the Little Sac arm and Hartley Branch for mid lake access to the Big Sac arm.