920 vs .204 ballistic

Almost ready to finalize my decision and looking for some words of wisdom on these 2 boats if anyone has some input - assuming both 2021, both same hours, same merc 250 4 stroke, assume same electronics, assume same price, etc - just trying to clarify that looking for handling, speed, dry ride, soft ride, storage, layout, etc input on hull/boat...

Wanted to get an idea of your input on why one over the other. THANK YOU!
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Member
    One other thing there Bigguy, dealer support!

I don't know about Ballistic, but I contacted Phoenix customer service last week on a couple of things, had the package show up on Saturday. Hard to beat that.

I like the 920 myself!!

Good luck with your decision.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

3. Member
    The Ballistic is smaller, skinnier, lighter, and faster. Also more tippy, has less storage, and cost thousands more. Lastly their dealer network is very limited.

4. Member
    IMHO they are very different boats with significantly different advantages and disadvantages. I’m on my 2nd Phoenix (921 Pro XP with 250 4XS last one was 721 Pro XP). Phoenix has a great rough water ride. Last year made a 60 mile one way run thru Lake Michigan for a T and it was straight nasty on the way back and I never felt unsafe. Phoenix has a ton of storage, lots of great features and tremendous factory and dealer support. IMHO there is a reason so many Pros have made the switch from other brands. The fishing platform is awesome on the 9 series boats and my 921 floats in some really shallow water (as did my 721). I know nothing about Ballistics so I can’t comment on them but at one point I was considering a couple faster bass boat brands with similarly narrower hulls with smaller fishing platforms… It was an easy choice as I prioritized the fishing platform and rough ride over speed. I suggest you put together a well researched list of Phoenix and Ballistic characteristics and determine which one best meets your needs.

I'm on my second Phoenix boat. Started out with a 719 proxp and a few years later moved up to a 921 proxp. Both were great fishable boats, lots of well laid out storage and had comfortable rides on the water. And most important, customer service was second to none by both my dealer and Tim at Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralbertina View Post
    I'm on my second Phoenix boat. Started out with a 719 proxp and a few years later moved up to a 921 proxp. Both were great fishable boats, lots of well laid out storage and had comfortable rides on the water. And most important, customer service was second to none by both my dealer and Tim at Phoenix.

One you can buy, one not sure you can. My partner has a Phoenix very nice boat.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812