Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bullet Boat Cover Question

I know its never a good idea to pull with a cover on your boat, but that said, I have a new 21SDC, I've never pulled with this cover and was wondering if there are any tricks or warnings I should be aware of? I had a 2003 Bullet that I pulled for 19 years with the original Bullet cover on and I used to place a piece of soft foam over the windshields to keep it from scratching. I never had too many issues, a rub here and there but nothing that wouldn't buff out.

Again, I realize it's never a good idea to pull with a cover but sometimes it's sure nice.

I appreciate any thoughts / advice.

Thanks!

2. Member
    Long distance pulls, I have used Saran Wrap on the cap.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuck Grass View Post
    Long distance pulls, I have used Saran Wrap on the cap.
    I have done this with no problems.
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

4. Member
    Great idea, thanks!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wwmansfi View Post
    I have done this with no problems.
    What brand of cover is that

6. Member
    Not sure it came from Bullet when I bought the boat.

7. Member
    I've learned that no matter how good or tight a fit you will still get some sort of movement. The saran wrap method does the trick on long hauls.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

8. Member
    You can buy a 18 inch wide x 1000 feet or so rolls of shrink wrap (pallet wrap) from places like Wal Mart or order on line in the $20 range. If you have some help just let one person hold it on the transom area and just walk around the boat as it unrolls. I lap it up on the gunwald (not sure of proper spelling ie top cap) around the bow and back to the transom. Might take two wraps to get it to go as high and as low as you want it to go. One roll will make many trips.

9. Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the info!

10. Member
    Bullet250, I notice your cover doesnt have the tie down straps from the cover to the trailer? Did it come with them and you only use the draw string, or was it designed not to need them??

11. Member
    If you are talking about mine it has ratchets in the back that go all the way around the base of the cover to hold it tight to the boat. It doesn’t have straps to the trailer, works really well and easy to put on. If you look close in the pic in the back corners you can see a little cover that zips that’s where the ratchets are.

12. Member
    I don't have a cover, wish I had one like that one

13. Member
    The cover in the picture looks like a custom cover by Phil Ransonet. He comes very highly recommended on Facebook Bullet sites, but he has a waiting list over a year out

14. Member
    That cover is same type cover my wakeboard boats have had. Wish my bullet had one too. Get it tight and it won’t move. At 75-85k the boat should come with a nice cover

15. Member
    I would like to have a cover for travel but my wife pulls the boat since I'm pulling the 5th wheel camper. She likes being able to see behind the boat from the rear view mirror in addition to the side mirrors.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

16. Member
    Sorry, wanna be Bullet owner, hopefully soon to be. But, I noticed on 2 different sets of seats in my triton, my cover ate away at the top of the seat. I think alot of the wear came for the wind blowing it around as it was stored outside alot.

I always felt better security wise with the cover on. My next boat, and since ive purchased an industrial sewing machine, i'll be making covers for seats, and whatever else i feel necessary. And maybe using a bit of that "paint protection film" on some stuff.
    1997 TR18 1996 Yamaha Pro V **for sale!!**
    25m Yamaha prop, 175 exhaust tuner, higher compression heads

2016 Bullet 21XRS 250 Merc Opti

The shrink wrap trick works great; i also put a couple of the wifes "Good Thick Shower Towels" over the wind shields. Pretty simple solution for long hauls; just open the rod bunks and pinch the towels to keep them from shifting. Gets that extra padding and protection on them shields. It works excellent and no shifting when rolling the tarp back to the rear.

18. Member
    Just took delivery of my XRS and my Bullet cover from Carver does not fit... Anyone else have/had that problem? I did double check the box and the box did state 21 XRS...

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisx View Post
    Just took delivery of my XRS and my Bullet cover from Carver does not fit... Anyone else have/had that problem? I did double check the box and the box did state 21 XRS...
    Let us know the outcome. I am thinking of buying a cover but will wait to see what your fix is.

20. Member
    I will... I like the cover, it seems to be decent material and I am not wanting to spend another $1300 on a "custom made" one (lol.. that's another prop...) The problem, I think, is since the cover is pre-cut it does not want to fit over the troll motor and graphs properly and that's what is causing it not to fit - too small is the feeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast