Seat Post Bushing/Washer Repair

How does one fix this, All that needs replaced is what looks similar to a fender washer that supports the seat post. This is on a 2019 Z520L, rear seat post manufactured by Springfield Marine. Hopefully it doesn't require replacement of the entire sleeve which looks like that would be difficult to do. All that needs replaced is the washer part in the bottom...........

Seat Post Bushing.jpg

2. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    Probably, but do I need to replace the entire bushing or just the part at the bottom that looks similar to a fender washer but made of plastic and not metal. Not sure why Springfield Marine made these from plastic vs metal.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I’ve only ever heard of people replacing the whole bushing. Ranger dealers commonly carry them in stock. Once you get the hang of it, it’s a 10-minute repair. I replaced a couple, then quit trailering with seats in place and have not had to replace one since [knock on wood].
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I’ve only ever heard of people replacing the whole bushing. Ranger dealers commonly carry them in stock. Once you get the hang of it, it’s a 10-minute repair. I replaced a couple, then quit trailering with seats in place and have not had to replace one since [knock on wood].
    Once I see the bushing in my hand, might make better sense how to replace. Have sent note to my Dealer, but not holding my breath with them. Might need to call Ranger or have another dealer ship to me. Mu dealer is not the best...........

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You can always call my dealer; they are ultra friendly and reliable. Knox Marine: 740-694-7774. They are open Tuesday-Saturday, not Monday. Brody is the parts manager.

7. Member
    Thanks everyone!! Repaired today, easy fix, takes about 5 minutes. Just breakout the old plastic bushing and insert the new.

8. Member
    Do you remember the part number for the repair kit? I have the same problem.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You don’t need the part number, William. Just provide your hull ID number to a Ranger dealer or Ranger Parts.

10. Member
    The part number is Springfield 2100040 (2006- and later).2100038 for older boats.

11. Member
    D596C00E-79D5-4A80-914F-2FFA9DDD73B5.jpeg

this is what Ranger sent for my 2019 Z520L. Easy to replace

12. Member
    Do you have a price on that from Ranger Please

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jstbass View Post
    Do you have a price on that from Ranger Please
    Just call my Ranger dealer: Knox Marine. 740-694-7774. Ask for Brody in Parts Dept. Only 1 state over and quick to ship.

14. Member
    Search by part number online you will find several purchasing options.

15. Member
    Springfield 2100040
    PartsVu had the best price I could find.

16. Member
    I’ve had to replace mine two out of last three seasons. Ranger has been awesome sending me replacement kits each time, but this year I said forget it not fixing. Tired of pounding out the sleeve w a chisel only to have it happen again.

I never run long distances w the seats in and never trailer w seats in. Looking at the design of a plastic bottom, easy to see why it doesn’t last.