Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I've always thought that most boat battery connections were marginal at best. Here's a picture of my trolling/accessory setup using terminal blocks.
    I'm running a 3 battery setup with the Yandina Troll Bridge device.
    IMG_20221121_143244933[1].jpg
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM207 View Post
    I've always thought that most boat battery connections were marginal at best. Here's a picture of my trolling/accessory setup using terminal blocks.

Very nice work! I am thinking of replacing my free hanging short-stop breakers with the type you have mounted. I use a Stealth charging system and they have like 3 short-stops.....

Quote Originally Posted by PSM207 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BAM View Post
    Very nice work! I am thinking of replacing my free hanging short-stop breakers with the type you have mounted. I use a Stealth charging system and they have like 3 short-stops.....
    yeah way cleaner than my setup... has that boat even been on the water lol... j/k ;).

I've been reading about that Troll Bridge - just switched over from 3 AGM's to 3 50ah Lithiums with a Ghost. Don't think I will need any on the water charging solution, but if I find that I do I will give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    I would not use a bus bar in that location for the positive terminal. Too much exposure. BlueSea make a perfect solution. These are available in red/black. Max 100 amp per block 30 amp per circuit. A clear snap-on shield covers the connections.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/502...unt_Fuse_Block

Installed:

20190626_090909 by Doug Wei, on Flickr
    Well, I would not use that fuse block on any battery other than lithium, lead acid batteries will kill it quite fast
    Thank You Leon Pugh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12