ZX PP Pump mounting location

So, in my cleanup/redo of the bilge, I'm thinking about replacing my 6 year old PP hoses and pulling the pumps and cleaning them up/cleaning the screens/etc. And redoing the hose runs as well - Skeeter put an extra loop (CM1 Stiff Blue/Black hoses) in the factory one and it's always in the way it seems...

With the ZX and single PP from the factory, Skeeter mounts the single pump on the far starboard/driver's side shelf. When I added a 2nd pole, I mounted the 2nd pump alongside, although it was very tight. I'm thinking since I'm pulling it I might be better off moving it to the far left/passenger side shelf. Is that how Skeeter does two pumps from the factory, ie one on each side, or do they mount them together on the same side?
    Last edited by 78Staff; 12-27-2022 at 10:11 AM.

2. Member
    i installed my second one on passenger side.

3. Member
    On my 2016 ZX has a pump mounted in each side, not side by side. Not so crowded if you need to work on them.
    Last edited by raven7usa; 11-06-2022 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added text
    2016 ZX250

Yeah I think that is better solution, putting one on each side, as mentioned if nothing else for "room" to to work around, fill/flush etc. Oem pump wiring isn't long enough reach across the bilge so will need to extend it I guess. That's one reason I put it next the the current one originally. Also i though I might use that blank spot on the left side for a battery at some point, but have decided against that. Might add a switch to them as well.

So, just need to do the messy job of pulling them now... that's my afternoon project.

Also watched a video of a guy changing out his fluid and cleaning up the screens etc - I guess the extra loop/length in the lines also allows one to pull the pump out of the bilge if you needed to do any maintenance? But to me if you are to the point you are pulling the pump you are probably going to disconnect the lines anyway, ie cleaning out the screens, or cleaning/flushing, etc...

Well pumps are out, hoses have been pulled as well. Started some cleanup but it started raining so taking a break.

Did pull the pump reservoirs, surprisingly the screens look good, and no sludge on them or in the fluid like you see in some YT vids... The one I added had recently been rebuilt by PP, so I didn't expect any issues with it, but the original is 6+ years old so I expected the worst - so was pleasantly surprised at the lack of buildup. It's possible the previous owner had them serviced before I suppose, or maybe was running something other than the green fluid maybe.

One of the screens on the older pump is pulling away from it's collar, so will pick up a replacement before putting them back together.

Trying to decide whether to use the green or just go with standard ISO32 fluid when I put them back in...

6. Member
    Go with the ISO32 fluid . Thats what I did and its been flawless!