Suzuki Dealers in the Illinois/Midwest

I live in Central Illinois and I'm considering repowering my '97 Ranger with a DF175A. There is supposedly a dealer south of Springfield but they don't seem to list any inventory. I've seen Team Marine in Wisconsin is a Suzuki dealer but can anyone point me to other dealers here in flyover country? I've spent a lot of time looking at Zukes and I really like what they have to offer and a comment I keep seeing is that dealers almost never see them except for routine oil changes and maintenance. I know Zukes are big in the Florida re-power market but I just don't see a lot of them here in Illinois.

Thanks

2. Ryan_8
    154 Marine in Perry, MO

I’m not sure what part of central Illinois your in but Reeder Trausch Marine just east of Rockville, Indiana is a Zuk dealer. I stopped in one day late this summer looking to repower our deck boat and met with one of the owners named Jay. He was nice and helpful and spent a good bit of time with me also talking about buying a pontoon instead of the repower option.

Another experience to relate is that my wife’s hair dresser ordered a new pontoon boat from them this summer and the manufacturer shipped his boat in the wrong color. Reeder Trausch knocked a CONSIDERABLE percentage off the purchase price to get him to take delivery.

I would have felt comfortable buying a new motor from them but we went another direction.

The dealer I bought my Vexus from Just Add Water in Indianapolis is also a Zuk dealer and I can’t say enough good about those guys. However when I was looking to repower the deck boat they couldn’t get me a DF115. RT had one in stock.

https://www.reedertrauschmarines.com/

4. Member
    VC Marine in Granite City IL.

5. Ryan_8
    I have a 250ss on order for my Ranger z21.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    I’m not sure what part of central Illinois your in but Reeder Trausch Marine just east of Rockville, Indiana is a Zuk dealer. I stopped in one day late this summer looking to repower our deck boat and met with one of the owners named Jay. He was nice and helpful and spent a good bit of time with me also talking about buying a pontoon instead of the repower option.

Another experience to relate is that my wife’s hair dresser ordered a new pontoon boat from them this summer and the manufacturer shipped his boat in the wrong color. Reeder Trausch knocked a CONSIDERABLE percentage off the purchase price to get him to take delivery.

I would have felt comfortable buying a new motor from them but we went another direction.

The dealer I bought my Vexus from Just Add Water in Indianapolis is also a Zuk dealer and I can’t say enough good about those guys. However when I was looking to repower the deck boat they couldn’t get me a DF115. RT had one in stock.

https://www.reedertrauschmarines.com/
    Interesting, I know that area well because I grew up in Crawfordsville but haven't been to Raccoon lake in years so I wasn't aware of that dealer. I'm currently only a 2 hour drive due west on US36 so that wouldn't be bad at all. I'll have to check them out and see what they have in stock.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    VC Marine in Granite City IL.
    These guys wouldn't be a bad drive either, a out 2 hours. I'd prefer to find something in stock rather than order so I'll check them out to see if they have anything in the warehouse.

THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by like2build View Post
    Interesting, I know that area well because I grew up in Crawfordsville but haven't been to Raccoon lake in years so I wasn't aware of that dealer. I'm currently only a 2 hour drive due west on US36 so that wouldn't be bad at all. I'll have to check them out and see what they have in stock.
    RT hasn’t been there too long. When they first opened it didn’t look like they would be around very long but they’ve lasted. The facility is quite nice and the folks were pleasant to deal with.

Two hours due west? Are you around Tuscola? I’ve done some work at a chemical plant there, FWIW

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasy View Post
    RT hasn’t been there too long. When they first opened it didn’t look like they would be around very long but they’ve lasted. The facility is quite nice and the folks were pleasant to deal with.

Two hours due west? Are you around Tuscola? I’ve done some work at a chemical plant there, FWIW
    About another 25 minutes west of Tuscola. Which chemical plant Lyondell Bassell or Cabot? Lyondell closed operations this year and relocated employees to it's Texas facility.

I emailed RT and they got back pretty quick The salesman tried to sell me on trading my boat and 'helping me locate a new one' with the engine I want. Um no, that's not what I asked. I sent him a reply with specs and features I want and hope to hear back this week.

VC marine got back with me and said they have none in stock and that most orders are taking 180 days to delivery Its good my old Evinrude is still running great so it would just be a matter of waiting for one to come in.

Lyondell. I worked there a few days a year for the last 10 years or so. I went over in August to dig out some hot spots and build a monofill for the spoil. The place was a ghost town. Nobody there and a bunch of buildings torn down.

11. Member
    I thought Bob's Marine in Hillsboro handles some Suzukis.
    2002 Triton Tr-21 Merc 250 Pro XB OT430582

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlueb View Post
    I thought Bob's Marine in Hillsboro handles some Suzukis.
    I'm not sure, I can't seem to get the web site to come up.

13. Member
    I've talked with both VC Marine and Reeder Trausch. Both of them were extremely nice and helpful. VC can order a 175 but said lead times are at least 6 months. RT has a 20" 175 in stock and were great people to talk with but the price was much higher than I expected by about 30%. I was contacted by a dealer from a further away and they had a very competitive price. I'll have to see how the holidays and tax season shake out and decide in the spring what I can do.