Hydraulic Jackplate and Setback for my 97 XB2003

Hey fellows, I am going to have to replace the Detweiler on my boat, its in bad shape. It is currently 14" setback on a 2013 225 Opti. I would also like the new one to have a dependable gauge or dial if that is possible. Doesn't appear to be anything else, like wedges or anything but I'm sure JoeAlly would know better than me. Also would a skid planner be a good addition and do they cause any issues with transom mount transducers. Sorry but all this setup stuff is new to me , all I ever did was drive em like I bought em and went as fast as it would go, because fishing was first and foremost and still is but I would like to get all the potential and best ride that I can out of it. I would give up some top end for a more stable ride. Tim Powell I tried calling a couple times and I am sure your busier than a one armed paper hanger to ask for some advice. Thank you all.

2. Member
    I just replaced with a bobs 14" unit and installed there gauge. Lots of manufactures out there for hydraulic.
    Jason

I don't have hydraulic but, I am running a 2005 3.0-liter Pro XS. I tried 5.5" boat didn't run right so I moved it back again. I ended up at 15". No advice for a jack plate.