Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Thanks, how do you like the big cat?
    I do like it. Def not fair to compare the two as they are so different. Both have great people and great companies.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Great pics Joe!

Was that Seth in the first two pics?
    Yes sir, we were at Smith Lake in Cullman back during the spring.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

3. Member
    Yes sir, we were at Smith Lake in Cullman back during the spring.
    Great shots! Love the dad and lad pics.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

It is hot on bare feet in the heat for sure but no hotter than dark charcoal or black carpet. My son has a lighter gray (storm gray I think) sea dek in his and it is much cooler.

Hot or not, I'd take it over carpet every time.
    Thanks for info!

5. Member
    Joe I have a question about the sea deck, have you had a treble hook get into it yet like what will happen sometimes with carpet. A crankbait or jerkbait on a rod and you strap it down to move to the next place and when you get there one of the hooks got into it? Did it tear it? Can you notice it or does nothing happen?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Not Joe, but my partner has several small chunks pulled out from what you just described.

7. Member
    I thought that’s what would happen. Do you happen to know if Allison will do a padded deck under the carpet?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    Joe I have a question about the sea deck, have you had a treble hook get into it yet like what will happen sometimes with carpet. A crankbait or jerkbait on a rod and you strap it down to move to the next place and when you get there one of the hooks got into it? Did it tear it? Can you notice it or does nothing happen?
    I have SeaDek on my boat as well. It's a fantastic product and I absolutely love it. That being said, if you do A LOT of fishing I would recommend Aqua Traction. It's made of a more dense material. Which will not allow hooks to get caught as easy. If they do, the Aqua Traction seems much less susceptible to damage. With care and very little maintenance, my SeaDek is a year old and still looks as good as the day it was installed.

9. Member
    Ok. Can’t remember the name of the man but the guy that did the walk through on YouTube that was really good has that aqua traction. I’ll ask him about it.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

10. Member
    Aqua Traction is much tougher than Seadeck material. they are very different in feel. Sea Deck has a softer feel but is not as tough, at least on the surface. I am having Tim Powell install Aqua Traction on mine this month. I used an Aqua Traction sample piece to check out the hooking issue. The hooks don't penetrate nearly as easily as carpet they have to be pulled and forced in fairly hard on the Aqua Traction. However, I use the Velcro type bait covers to keep the hooks from grabbing other rods and line anyway. Just my .02 cents worth.
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport 2+2
    Mercury 300R

11. Member
    So far I've not had any issues with mine, it looks like the day I bought it. I can't say that I recall hooking it with a treble though, I'm sure a treble hook will tear any foam flooring.

12. Member
    Joe, that is a super sharp boat!!! Nice job on the rod holders as well!!
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport 2+2
    Mercury 300R

13. Member
    Wow that boat looks nice. Good idea on the rod buckle. I will have to do that to mine.

14. Member
    Thanks guys, it has been a real difference maker for me because I have a partner 99% of the time.

If anyone has any questions on the install (it’s pretty straight forward), hit me up at 251-714-0518.

15. Member
    Losing my mind sorry for double post. Great looking boat. Thanks for posting those pictures. I will have to try it on my boat.
    Last edited by hooken203; 03-09-2023 at 10:32 AM.

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    Ok. Can’t remember the name of the man but the guy that did the walk through on YouTube that was really good has that aqua traction. I’ll ask him about it.
    I can order an Allison with a padded deck, but they will only pad the section at the trolling motor. I have done a few and its not worth it IMO. I pretty much order all of my boats now without carpet and we install custom AquaTraction in them. The AT is more dense and holds up better IMO. If a customer requests carpet, we can order it with carpet.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

17. Member
    Tim I’ll call you. Thanks
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

That’s a good idea…how hard was it to install? I fish a lot of team events and it is definitely an issue with my partner’s rods. The very first tournament I fished after getting my new Allison last summer, literally less than 3 minutes after blast off, my partner realized he’d already lost two of his rods. The Velcro strap had come loose due to trying to put to many rods in it and two of them had already slipped out and gone out the back. He realized it and caught the third by the tip just before it went out. Definitely not a good start to the day in my new boat! He straps them on the front now.

19. Member
    It’s not too bad. I used an oscillating tool similar to the one in the link below to cut out the hole. It has to be cut toward the bottom of the tray because of the reinforcement under the top of the cap but I could have raised it another 1/2”.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...2201/320052520

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12