Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Any updates?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    1st shipment of aluminum that was ordered, precut to save me some work, still hasn’t shipped. I picked up some uncut bar stock from ebay and it arrived today! I’m going to work on the first few tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Any updates?

3. Member
    You take your time Ron. As you know it's important to get it right....😉👍

4. Member
    I'm having a 45" shaft cut down to use on an aluminum boat, I see no reason it wouldn't work on that and if so put me down for option B and let me know when and where to end payment.

'
    Don\'t be in such a hurry, after retirement there\'s only one big event left in your life.

5. Member
    Ron, I know you’re busy, but how will we be notified? Did you make a list in order of Interest ?

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I have one somewhere :). I’ve got 2 of the 3 operations dialed in such that I’m happy with the surface finish and have one more to go. I should be able to start cranking these things out very soon! Thanks for your continued patience as I work through this. My real job eats up between 50-60 hours a week so I’m having to work this in as I can. End of the year is a bit brutal with government contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph McB View Post
    Ron, I know you’re busy, but how will we be notified? Did you make a list in order of Interest ?

7. Member
    Just keep at it when you can Ronny...👍....get it right the first time, you know the drill....hehehe

8. Member
    I’m in for a 52” B
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

9. BBC SPONSOR
    Unless something terrible happens the first dozen or so of these long awaited kits will ship early next week. I started the first batch of production adaptors tonight! I’ll be taking pictures and writing instructions this weekend. Almost done!

10. Member
    Thanks for the update !

11. Member
    That's great!! I hope I'm in the first dozen, lol!!

12. Member
    What is anybodys' recommendation for Ultrex 60 inch shaft with Target lock and Mega 360 attached? Ron you can put me on the wait list as well. I appreciate for you offering this.
    Last edited by foo; 12-02-2022 at 10:33 AM.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    OK folks....last hurdle cleared. Spoke with Al last night and I'm all setup as a board sponsor :) I'm planning on throwing aluminum chips all over the garage both days this weekend. I have a small bench mill that I converted to CNC so it's not a powerhouse commercial unit, but it gets the job done, it's just a bit slow. I will know later today what size shipping boxes I need and once those arrive on Tuesday I should be all set to start shipping. I'll be contacting people in the order that they said, "hey add me!!" to both of the threads concerning this effort. I think the rough number is about 45 as of this morning and I have enough material here to do 40. I'll place another spring order once I've recouped my investment thus far so that my wife doesn't kill me. Everyone on the this as of this morning will receive their kit before the first of the year if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by foo View Post
    What is anybodys' recommendation for Ultrex 60 inch shaft with Target lock and Mega 360 attached? Ron you can put me on the wait list as well. I appreciate for you offering this.
    The weight difference between a 36V and 24V motor makes a difference.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

15. Member
    36V sorry

36V sorry
    Option B would have the most force. May want to have that increased by 200N after you try it out.
    You have the most extreme total weight to deal with especially if you use most of the shaft length.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

17. BBC SPONSOR
    about the best I could do is place an order for a higher force spring, say 2000 N or so, and let you try it. If the lift assist is a bit too much you can remove the spring and let some of the Nitrogen out of it with a finish nail (I know, seems a bit sketchy but that's how the manufacturer says to do it) There is another device made by another vendor that screws onto the end of the Gas Spring to relieve the pressure, but at $25 I didn't think it was worth it since most every one of these kits won't need touched from a lift force standpoint. Let me know if this is acceptable to you and I'll order the 2000 N spring.

18. Member
    Sounds great, Appreciate the effort.

19. BBC SPONSOR
    The fist batch is almost done. I have to mill the edges off of the pivoting connector on the gas spring, about a minute or 2 per connector, due to a little bit of interference when operating the spring over the full range of stow to deploy. I'll be in touch with the first 10 on the list in the next day or 2. I still have to write up the instructions and then I'll be all set.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    The first group of people have IM's waiting for them with instructions on how to proceed. :)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast