Scratches from the runners

I was cleaning my boat today crawled under and noticed these in front of one of the runners. The boat has been launched 10 times. I would hope there are no staples holding down the carpet ??? Next time I launch I’ll check the carpet. Anyone seen this before. 363D74DB-CE39-4C67-B0E8-052DFC816372.jpeg It’s a benchmark trailer. I’m not happy. Any advice.

2. Member
    Dealer would be the best place to start.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cx21 Pro View Post
    Dealer would be the best place to start.
    Agreed, dealer should help you out here, that's called service after the sale
    Last edited by CaymasRodney; 11-20-2022 at 05:16 PM.

4. Member
    Contact dealer if not to far. Benchmark will warranty the bunks, if trailer still under warranty.Ive not seen any Staples except bottom of bunks. But have seen bottoms like this. I'm sure they will take care of you.

5. Member
    As you are in NE Alabama and you might be on the Coosa River, it has periods of heavily stained water. If you have debris on your bunks, that debris can scuff your hull.
    Just a thought...

I checked mine, it's a 2022 CX21 and it has scratches in the same spot on both sides. I fish clear water and bunks have no debries. Must be cheap carpet.
    2022 Caymas CX21
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    2022 Benchmark Tandem Trailer

Welcome to fishing dirty water with a black hull. Every bass boat across various brands looks like that.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

8. Member
    Powerloading?

9. Member
    Power loading? Are you saying throttling to get the hook the the roller? Yes I do. How else can it be done?
    I have not loaded with the trailer being pulled out and throttling?
    Yes I’ll get the dealer involved.

My last 3 boats all different brands, all black bottom. Had some scratches from bunks. Went out and looked at my CX20 after reading this. So far none showing yet.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

11. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Heck almost have to powerload on many of our ramps. But to be honest, its a boat. A tool. If my boat doesn't have scratches I am not in the most productive areas of our waterways in south GA.

12. Member
    I know no one wants scratches on a boat especially a new boat. However, boats get scratches and I have never seen a boat without scratches on the bottom. I have learned that when loading to wet the carpet on the bunks by backing deep and then pulling up to position the trailer. Boat will power load much easier and cut down on scratches.