Water pressure sensor location on an 82' 150hp Black Max?

Hello, where is the factory water pressure sensor location on a 1982 Mercury BM 150hp sn# 6101202

Hell I tried looking for an 1/8th inch line, but didnt see one. I am also assuming the gauge is ready pressure, not from a sensor.

I need to learn how to remove the steering wheel, then pull the dash on a 1982 ranger 350v, to sort out all my gauges!

2. Member
    They do t always have one. Some have a plug on the block you can remove and use but I think your year model will require you to tie into the water tube coming from the thermostats on the top back of your motor.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

3. Member
    Thanks. There is a gauge, but i dont think it works really. I looked around the t-stats to find where someone would jump in & i didnt spot anything. I am hoping the location is somewhat accessible. if not, i intend to jump in between the t-stats, as its right there. Thanks for the quick reply.

4. Member
    Here are some pics i took of the motor a while back.

Please lmk if you see it or anything that is glaringly wrong to knowledgeable eyes.

Thanks in advance!

150 BM_1.jpg150 BM_2.jpg150 BM_3.jpg150 BM_4.jpg

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Fitting right in the top of the block, directly behind the flywheel.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks, i will check it out today.