Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Make sure they provide you a way to monitor how full or empty the battery charge is. No, you cannot use the little gauge on your boat console anymore.
    I ended up removing my Lithium Pros and going to the Ionics for this reason. Lithium Pros are sitting in my garage and I should sell them cheap.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    Make sure they provide you a way to monitor how full or empty the battery charge is. No, you cannot use the little gauge on your boat console anymore.
    I ended up removing my Lithium Pros and going to the Ionics for this reason. Lithium Pros are sitting in my garage and I should sell them cheap.
    Why is this so important? My lithiums do not have a monitor, but I have checked the voltage with my multimeter a few times after a day of fishing. Not that I was concerned about anything, just because I was curious where they were.

I agree that it is important to know state of charge, but it is not all that difficult.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler95 View Post
    I’m leaning towards Dakota 12/54. I’m just wondering if these batts would be enough for one full day of fishing with moderate use on the 36V Ultrex.
    may wanna do your Dakota research . Just sayin...

5. Member
    They have an 80% 5 star review on Amazon, but there's also some complaints about early failure and lackluster customer support. We'll see....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toofy View Post
    Well I'm about 4 1/2 years on my 36volt batteries from Lithium Pros and have been completely satisfied with them. Kevin has been great to deal with and answers his cell phone if you have questions. Yes it does cost more for a battery assembled and tested in the states with high quality components but with the cost of boats now I'm not taking any chances. Lithium Pros now offers a NMEA connected option with full battery monitoring capability right to your graphs.

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Most everyone I talked to in the Marine Industry recommended Lithium Pros.

Miller Tech
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Most everyone I talked to in the Marine Industry recommended Lithium Pros.
    them things are awful pricey

10. Member
    Can these batteries be connected in series? I’ve read several different articles that say you should not connect more than two in series because of the BMS system? I’m needing a 36v system.
    I've looked at many many of the cheap lithium on Amazon and have only seen one or two that can't be connected in series.

11. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    them things are awful pricey
    Cool shit ain't cheap and cheap shit ain't cool.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Cool shit ain't cheap and cheap shit ain't cool.
    I'll gladly buy some cheap batteries and slap some expensive stickers on there then resell them if it makes people feel cool...

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    They have an 80% 5 star review on Amazon, but there's also some complaints about early failure and lackluster customer support. We'll see....
    I'd dig little deeper especially on here. Much better lithium brands on the market with way better customer service. Impulse, ionic power house. Monster marine.

14. Member
    [QUOTE=styler;12750771]
    Quote Originally Posted by KandKKustomz View Post
    so you were at about 25 to 30 percent. Percentage is what matters on lithium. Used approx 70 to 75 percent , honestly good on 2 50s[/QUOTE

How do you figure the percentage?
    You cannot, accurately. This is why I pulled my Lithium Pros out and replaced them with Ionics that have a bluetooth app to know the state of charge. The voltage gauge on your boat is nearly worthless for Lithiums. I was left dead on the water twice with my Lithium Pros.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I agree that it is important to know state of charge, but it is not all that difficult.

Bill could you share your experience with the specific brand of lithiums (redodo) in your picture? Thanks.
    2021 BassCat Pantera Classic - Mercury
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 BassCat Caracal Mercury - Minn Kota - Humminbird - Powerpole
    2012 BassCat Pantera II - Mercury
    2004 BassCat Cougar - Mercury

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    20 Percent off Impulse lithium exclusive K and K Kustomz BBC sale now thru 12/9

Screenshot_20221201-103325_Instagram.jpg

17. Member
    So, I went with the Ecoworthy (via Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09L88DGJ4...NrPXRydWU&th=1) they state on their specs....
    "[Capacity expansion] It can be connected in series or in parallel. When connected in series, up to 4 identical batteries can be connected. Parallel connection is unlimited. It can support fast charging or solar panel charging"

Will likely outfit our project rig with three 50AH of these. So far the two I have rigged in a 24V river boat application have been absolutely terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by TAKFishing View Post
    Bill could you share your experience with the specific brand of lithiums (redodo) in your picture? Thanks.
    First, I am a DIY guy and started out with the intent of building my own, partially because of budget constraints but also because I like to build things. I did a lot of research and identified which features I felt were significant and selected components. However, I discovered that I could buy the completed ReDoDo for about the same price as the components.

I have only had the batteries a few months but so far it has been a positive experience. Delivery was free and 3 days, documentation is excellent and customer service contact has been good. I have communicated several times by email, mostly because they were concerned about me using 50 AH instead of 100 AH. I explained that I understood the compromises and felt that it would work for my situation.
    Only time will tell but so far I’m ok with the process.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Some Lithiums are not recommended for trolling motors, they cannot deliver high current for a sustained period of time, not designed for it. Some may not even have a B M S.
    Are you just making this up?
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

I’m leaning towards Dakota 12/54. I’m just wondering if these batts would be enough for one full day of fishing with moderate use on the 36V Ultrex.
    I've had the 12/54 for 2 seasons now and have never run them down. I run a 36v Ghost
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast