Boat and vinyl cleaner

I was wondering what bass cat recommends using on their vinyl seats? Also curious what you guys like using on your gel coat? Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    I’ve tried different stuff I on my seats. Never found any that seems special. I would like to hear from BCB if there’s anything they recommend for general protection from the sun.

For the gel coat, I wash with ProTec Wash-n-Gloss and detail with Wizards Mist-n-Shine. Occasionally I’ll use Hot Sauce.

ProTec Sealant Polish and NuPaint Moisturizer are good if your boat isn’t looking as new as you’d like. I used both on my 2016 after 5 years and it helped.

The ProTec stuff is available in the BassCat store and used to be as good a price as you would find. I haven’t checked prices recently.
    2023 Puma STS

3. Member
    Use both bass boat saver and bow to stern on entire boat.

pS. I also sell Bow to stern

They have always recommended Scrubbing Bubbles to clean and Pledge to finish them.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They have always recommended Scrubbing Bubbles to clean and Pledge to finish them.
    Seats or gelcoat?

I like the Star Brite vinyl cleaner.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Seats on both.

And Scrubbing Bubbles works on gelcoat also.

They have always suggested original Pledge for quick clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassin31 View Post
    Seats or gelcoat?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

9. Member
    I just used this hull cleaner I picked up from Canadian Tire. I think it has a mild acid in it. I have used before and only used it at the end of the season before storing the boat for the winter. It says it is safe for fiberglass, aluminum, wood, vinyl. I wouldn't use on seats but it worked like magic on the hull and I keep my hull pretty clean. It does strip the wax so I just went over the hull with chimical guys quick spray wax. Works great. For my seats I use vinegar/water/dawn mixture to clean them up (also works great on hull for water spots) then use chemical guys vinyl conditioner which works fantastic. It's like a runny cream.

10. Member
    Shine Supply products. I use their Aftermath (I buy it by the gallon) which is a detailer/water spot remover. Probably the best stuff I have used. I also used their polishing compound to paint correct the whole boat. Finished with their Beadlock ceramic coating. They have interior detailing products that I use for the seats.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgarrison52 View Post
    I was wondering what bass cat recommends using on their vinyl seats? Also curious what you guys like using on your gel coat? Thanks for any input.
    3M vinyl restorer is the best stuff you can use. My seats on my 2013 Cougar still look new.

12. Member
    The newer products with ceramic are excellent for the hull, and superior to many of the older products. The Chemical Guys products are what I am using now, but the Turtle Wax ceramic products are also very good. The shine and smoothness are quite remarkable.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

13. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    miracle mist from wangmart

nothing better

14. Member
    Bass Boat Saver is the best I've found for gel. If you use pledge, make sure it is the original lemon pledge. Don't use orange pledge or other types. But again, I recommend Bass Boat Saver.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com