Molix 95DR jerkbaits

Been observing a lot of "lookers" on the 110 deeps that I've been throwing with Livescope. Decided I needed yet more jerkbaits 🙄

Picked up a few on sale from TW... They don't mention it in the description, but they are floating

Changed the front hook out to a longer shank (a bit heavier). With a dual lock snap on the front. it takes about 23 grains of lead tape to suspend. Weight's positioned for a 30 degree head-down posture.

FWIW, at 1/2" wide, that tape's 2 gram/inch. It's trimmed to +- 5/16" on the R&L ones.

We'll see how they work come Saturday...

zzz76155c54-e94b-47b1-95cd-410b194b4311.jpg

2. Member
    Good luck fishing with these "modified" jerkbaits. For a potentially easier and more reliable weighting methodology, I highly recommend the Nishine Lure Works Outer Tuning Weights: Outer Tuning Weight – The Hook Up Tackle

They are made of very soft lead and can be added to the front split ring of any lure. Once you achieve the correct weight on a given lure, I use a paint pen to mark the weight and then replicate for other jerkbaits of the same brand. This is especially useful later in the fall or early spring for weighting down the Megabass Vision 110 +1 & +2 jerkbaits. Lastly, these weights are great for modifying more traditional lures too, such as the Rapala OG Tiny 4 or the Jackall Bling 55, once weighted "correctly" these lures produce an exaggerated slow suspension and allow the lures to dive just a bit deeper to trigger those lethargic fish in cold-water conditions.

As an aside, the very best smaller 90mm suspending jerkbaits I have used over the previous 8-10 years of cold-water fishing are the: Lucky Craft Staysee 90 Ver 2, and the larger versions of the Megabass Live-X models, the Revenge that dives to 10ft and the Leviathan that dives to 12ft. I present all of my natively or modified suspending jerkbaits on 10# YGK SS 112 sinking braid/super ester mainline and a 6# Sunline FC100 leader on an Evergreen Orion Lighting Strike casting rod with a Shimano 21 Antares DC reel.

Please have a great day!

LC Staysee Ver 2 Link: Staysee – The Hook Up Tackle

Megabass Live-X Revenge Link: Search Results -> live-X revenge : SAMURAI TACKLE , -The best fishing tackle-

Megabass Live-X Leviathan Link: Search Results -> live-x Leviathan : SAMURAI TACKLE , -The best fishing tackle-
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

3. Member
    Only managed two hours on the water yesterday (back's acting up:) Had one take on a Molix, - watched him come up on LS, but it was just too close to the boat . I was getting 12' out of them with perfect suspension.

I have to move some of that weight to the belly, they roll more than I'd like. If I hung enough weight on the nose to suspend them, they would be sitting vertical at rest. I'm not sure I can get them to run right.. quite likely not right for the cooling water. I generally use SuspendDots for fine tuning, but the one's that I have are pretty thin, and it would take a pretty good stack to do the job.

Love that Staysee Ver 2. I've bought a fair number here on the Swap and Sell forum. I've successfully avoided getting on the Megabass bus

Here's the current state of affairs:
    20221105_131454.jpg

Did get one on the Pointer yesterday
    20221105_151802.jpg