Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I am not a big fan of Nitro BUT, I am on their side. If the cap separated or other structural issue than you are right. It appears from the pictures someone or something crushed it. While not normal wear and tear, it not a warranty issue as I see it.
    If something or someone crushed it, it happened at the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Great Lakes Skipper is a reseller of NOS items from various wholesales or manufacturers. WRMG is a big supplier of theirs. They probably picked the stuff up for pennies on the dollar and charge 2/3 or less of the original price. Feel lucky that you found a cheaper part. Heck, I’d buy two.
    Sorry for the ignorance, but what/who is NOS and WRMG?
    The soldier, above all other men, is required to practice the greatest act of religious training -- sacrifice. - GEN Douglas MacArthur, Thayer Award Address delivered 12 May 1962, West Point, NY

2. Member
    NOS = New Old Stock
    WRMG - White River Marine Group (Owner of Nitro and many others)

__________________________________________________ ____
    The wife said \"Buy a new boat, you\'ll catch more fish\". Mines broken!

Quote Originally Posted by HiTorq View Post
    NOS = New Old Stock
    WRMG - White River Marine Group (Owner of Nitro and many others)
    Thank you.
    The soldier, above all other men, is required to practice the greatest act of religious training -- sacrifice. - GEN Douglas MacArthur, Thayer Award Address delivered 12 May 1962, West Point, NY

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
    If something or someone crushed it, it happened at the factory.
    Happened at the factory but took you this long to notice it? That's not adding up for me...sorry.

Using your analogy - I'm supposed to pay $709 (+) to replace the interior of a glove compartment (that has been used maybe 15 times) on my 5-year old Ford?

77 pages is correct (I double-checked the final PDF this morning).

I'm not the only one; internet is full of Nitro owners complaining about quality (along with customer service).
    The answer is yes.

So should you be liable for things you built 5 years ago, 10, 20? where would that end. Its just common sense.

All of of your posting here is not helping your case. just not the way to go about it. Im not gonna delete it, cause when people read these comments they will see this is just ranting over something small.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    Love my Nitro. Would buy another one without hesitation.
    2014 Nitro Z9, Mercury 250 Pro XS, Solix 12’s at console, Solix 12 at bow, Minn Kota Untrex, Garmin 8610 with Garmin Livescope, Minn Kota Talons.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey6404 View Post
    Same! Had a 2004 882NX Nitro with an XR6 150 merc. The 882 was a great boat that I sold last year (now catching fish up in Maine). Absolutely love my current year old 2022 Z21xl Nitro with the 250 pro xs. Neither boat has been totally free of issues but no boat is. I owned a 24' Four Winns and 16 foot tin boat in the past and they were not perfect. Every boating friend and family member I know have stories to tell. Bottom line - I would buy a Nitro again without hesitation.
    ~ Dave
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS
    HDS Live 12 B&C/Ghost/AT

Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    All of of your posting here is not helping your case. just not the way to go about it. Im not gonna delete it, cause when people read these comments they will see this is just ranting over something small.
    490 views. If just one prospective Nitro purchaser decides to go with a better quality boat, then mission accomplished.

Replacement drawer is supposed to be here today.

Using your analogy - I'm supposed to pay $709 (+) to replace the interior of a glove compartment (that has been used maybe 15 times) on my 5-year old Ford?

77 pages is correct (I double-checked the final PDF this morning).

I'm not the only one; internet is full of Nitro owners complaining about quality (along with customer service).
    Just to be clear, you used this part 15 times and never noticed the damage until recently?

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

10. Member
    There is NO way that happened at the factory and after several years you finally notice it. Just looking at the pictures that sticks out like a sore thumb.

11. Member
    490 views. If just one prospective Nitro purchaser decides to go with a better quality boat, then mission accomplished.

Replacement drawer is supposed to be here today.
    What a moron

The replacement drawer/cabinet arrived yesterday and I have figured out what happened.

The flange on the old unit is only 5/32" thick. The metal (drawer) cabinet is bolted to this flange. Over time the weight of the metal drawer cabinet caused the flange to fail. All of the failures were on the top and upper half of the right side

Drawer top annotated.jpg

The flange on the new cabinet is 11/32" thick.

20221105_140433-annotated.jpg

If your boat has this feature you might want to see which version you have. If it is the 5/32", it is going to fail.
    Last edited by shotgunz; 11-06-2022 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Used calipers on flange measurements and corrected.

13. Member
    Its obvious that you've made up your mind on Nitro boats and I really don't believe there's nothing anyone here can say to change your mind. But there's one thing from your initial post that, to me, stands out more than anything else. And that's.........

"An NDA prevents me from telling you the entire (initial) two-year saga".

If you've signed an NDA then that tells me you've already come to an agreement with Nitro and more than likely been compensated for your boat issues. Why not just get yourself another boat, or fix the one you have and go fishing and have a good time.

USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

14. Member
    only in boats do folks think that if it breaks the builder must pay to have it fixed if your truck motor blows up out of warranty you go pay to have it fixed . if you really got a nda why are you still whining about it on the net?

I agree I'd be surprised anyone see this as negative toward nitro.
    Last edited by BMCD; 11-10-2022 at 08:47 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey6404 View Post
    Same...I'm on my second since 2018. Bought a z19 in 2018 brand new, loved it but wanted bigger after fishing a year in Texas. Bought a z21 in April of 2021 and absolutely love the rig. Minus the stupid hub recall that put my boat in the shop for nearly 2 months due to a burned up axel, it's been flawless.

17. Member
    Thread post- "Thinking of a Nitro? Just say 'NO'."
    Post 16- "Where did I 'trash' Nitro? I have presented (only) the facts. I did so hoping that other potential Nitro owners know the risks and might consider buying a better quality product (Ranger, Triton, Skeeter, BassCat, Stratos, etc.)."
    Post 28- "If just one prospective Nitro purchaser decides to go with a better quality boat, then mission accomplished."

You say your not trashing Nitro???? LOL

Post 16...you don't seem to realize that Nitro, Ranger, Triton are both made by WRMG. And Stratos is gone!, was owned by WRMG.

Not necessarily for the OP, and not saying your OCD....but I have thought this for a long time when post like this come up.
    I highly recommend, anyone that is OCD, DO NOT buy a BOAT of any kind, or CAMPER, it will put you in the looney bin!!
    Last edited by moetorola; 11-07-2022 at 10:28 AM.

This has been an entertaining read, glad you found the "smoking gun." But it strikes me as odd that you would post this on the Nitro page, where I venture to say all of us, have already bought one.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

19. Member
    Boats are Boats!! Things break and usually has to do with the person driving and using them. I havehad about all of them and none are indestructible. I have had my Z21 for 3 years and use it hard. It's a great boat and my Z20 before it was also.

20. Member
    i bet this guy would complain about the gas he bought for his truck yesterday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast