OK who is running Croxtons Razor props

Talked to Mark last week trying to get some ideas on my new motor combo on my boat.
    He had said his Razor would be a good one to try. Also he said there are a lot of the BBC guys running an XLR prop of his.
    Who all is running it and what are your thoughts compared to props you have ran before.
    The price he gave me was really reasonable so it has me really curious.

2. Member
    I'm running his 4 blade and I also have his 3 blade. I think they are very good props and work just as well if not better than some of the Merc. props.
    2017 Triton 21TrX Elite
    Mercury Pro XS 250
    Ultrex 112, Mega 360 w/ Helix 10 Di Si Meg+
    Garmin Livescope + on an Ultra 122SV at the bow.
    Garmin Ultra 122SV and Ultra 126SV at the Helm

3. Member
    I texted him a few weeks ago and he told me that he had no idea when he would have any. He was sold out and had a long waiting list. Good luck.
    Respectfully,
    Captain Rab
    V1CO 1:27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the
    world to put to shame the wise; and God has
    chosen the weak things of the world to put to
    shame the things which are mighty

4. Member
    Trying one out now just sent it back to Mark for some adjustments. First impression was it’s a heavy well built prop with a great hole shot and really grips the water and power loads well. Mine is stamped 4xl I’m anxious to get it back and try it again. Mark is fixing to take some time off for some deer hunting.

5. Member
    I have a 23 pitch 4xl on my ranger 519 with a 4 stroke 225 and love it! Carries the boat and load well and as I typically fish team tournaments thats important. great hole shot, stays on plane to low 20’s and is all around a great prop. Also with the way prices on everything have been skyrocketing his price is great as well. Don’t know about his wait time or backlog as posted previously but worth getting on the list if ya ask me.

6. Member
    I'm running a 26p Razor 4XL which I've driven into the mid 80's. In my application, this 4XL has incredible hole shot and overall lift. I haven't had the opportunity to test this against other props.
    Allison XB-21 ProSport
    Yamaha 250 SHO
    Croxton Razor 4XL

7. Member
    I am running a 27XL as a spare I love it but it loads very hard coming out of the hole. 18 Pro XS Optimax 250 on a 21XD.

8. Member
    Has anyone compared the Razor 4XL to a Bravo FS or XS? I have an XS on my boat and it performs awesome. I am on the waiting list for a 4XL but wondering if it's any faster on the top end than the bravo XS, which I'm getting good numbers out of. Within 2 mph WOT of a Promax with 2" more pitch.

9. Member
    I have a 26 Razor 3 blade on my Stratos and It works great for me. Better top end than my tempest

10. Member
    What's the difference between the Razor 4XL and the 4XLR prop?

11. Member
    Running a 24 4xl. It runs stiff compared to other props, it does everything well and is a rocket out of the hole. It is maybe 5 mph slower than my fastest prop but outperforms it EVERYWHERE else. I had the boat loaded with roughly 2000lbs [no kidding] and was shocked when it came up on plane very quickly and actually drove quite well. Very impressed with Marks props and his knowledge with repairing them and tuning them also. 1 tweak with cupping and a bit more pitch and my 24 is about perfect. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Bullet21XD View Post
    I am running a 27XL as a spare I love it but it loads very hard coming out of the hole. 18 Pro XS Optimax 250 on a 21XD.
    Is it drilled with 8 venting holes? I run 6 wide open and 2 with medium plugs. The 8 holes made a huge difference. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by salyfz View Post
    What's the difference between the Razor 4XL and the 4XLR prop?
    Mark recommend the XLR for my application. When I asked about it he told me the R has more rake .
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades