Thread: Okemah lake

Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

Okemah lake

Hey guys, I typically try to give some results from fishing trips and have failed to do so most of the summer.

anyway, I fished okemah Saturday through Monday. Had an absolute ball. Didn’t catch any tourney winning stringers but had a couple over 5 each day with a lot of 2lbers all three days.

Saturday was rainy/overcast and they absolutely chewed a buzzbait. Threw white buzzbait and white plopper and couldn’t hook up. Swapped over to a black buzzbait and caught everything that bit after. Had 25 or so fish with two in the 4lb class and one over 5.

Sunday was cloudy in the morning and gave way to sun. Buzzbait late morning and then a big double willow Spinnerbait mopped them up the rest of the day. A lot of bites Sunday, probably had 30 keepers and most on a Spinnerbait.

Monday I fished till noon. Sunny and cool. Tried buzzbait and Spinnerbait and nothing. Picked up a brush hog and started catching them. Had a 6.54 big around 10:00

water temps were 60-63 and caught my fish in all creeks from midway to the front. Very few fish in the backs. Some schooling and targeted shad balls with livescope and a Spinnerbait. Also could catch fish just burning up the bank. If it looked right, good odds a fish was on it and had to make a lot of casts.

caught fish during the stay on a jig/jerkbait/crank bait/spook/Shakey heads.

the baits listed in the daily rundown were top producers.

the lake was down about 2-2.5’ and little to no fish able grass.

good luck and tight lines. Fall fishing is getting good

Thanks for the report. Never been to Okemah Lake. How is the ramp(s)?

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Ramps are great!